Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton game also moved

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Now on Tuesday April 2nd at 7.45 :rant:

This is really pissing me off now, and we haven't even had the usual shifting for TV purposes yet,.... I have a 300 mile round trip, night games are a real chore.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Couldn't possibly have that on a bank holiday could we? Maybe 3,000 would travel from SE London at most, and Charlton have an appalling history of violence don't they? Thanks for that Sussex Police.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Is that still because of that stupid rule about not being allowed home games on a Bank Holiday Monday? Does that still exist?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Is that still because of that stupid rule about not being allowed home games on a Bank Holiday Monday? Does that still exist?

Guess so seeing as we use the Racecourse P & R

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've forgotten the reason for that rule, or exactly what it is to tbh. Was it something to do with seaside towns not being allowed bank holiday home games as a result of Leeds smashing up Bournemouth years ago?

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Two more games that i am going to have to leave at half time to get to work or let my brother go. "thanks" :rant:

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
Couldn't possibly have that on a bank holiday could we? Maybe 3,000 would travel from SE London at most, and Charlton have an appalling history of violence don't they? Thanks for that Sussex Police.

Guys, this was nothing to do with us. The two clubs have agreed this.

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
Just for clarification. A fixture questionnaire is sent to the police and club at the end of March. We sit down with the club and go through dates that we request to be avoided. These were for the Lib Dem conference and Pride. We made no request to move any bank holiday games.

After the fixtures come out, the clubs tend to look at them and make their own arrangements such as local agreements (University etc).

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Guys, this was nothing to do with us. The two clubs have agreed this.

Indeed. Seeing how quick Gus was to move the Easter bank holiday fixtures further apart this year - I suspect the club were delighted to move it to Tuesday night giving an extra day's rest for the players.

And for every fan that can't go to the rearranged game, chances are there will be someone that can now go when they couldn't before.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just for clarification. A fixture questionnaire is sent to the police and club at the end of March. We sit down with the club and go through dates that we request to be avoided. These were for the Lib Dem conference and Pride. We made no request to move any bank holiday games.

After the fixtures come out, the clubs tend to look at them and make their own arrangements such as local agreements (University etc).

So is it likely , as far as the league stands , that any more may be changed?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This will be our first and so far only evening game (at home) in 2013.

Yes but 6th of the Season in 23 (5 before January), that's a quarter of the season a pretty significant park.

Half of our games in the first part of the season will be evening games. I find it very difficult to make them and likewise my father as he works evenings. It just makes me think it's not worth a season ticket if I end up not being able to go to half the games because they are now in the evenings because the first time someone says they're hold a school fete in the area the fixtures change.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
This was announced yesterday if you dont know. Everyone knows what Bank Holidays in Brighton are always like anyway, constant protests and a shedload of day visitors. Would of been heaving so the last thing the Police would have wanted is a game on that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here