Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer Signed - Official

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Club text

From seagulls.co.uk:

Albion have agreed a fee with Swindon Town for their captain and central defender Gordon Greer.

The club has also agreed personal terms with the 29-year-old Scot, and he is set to sign a three-year deal with Albion this Monday, subject to passing his medical.

Manager Gus Poyet tonight explained, "Everyone knows we were looking for an experienced centre-half, and Gordon is the type of player we wanted.

"He is an experienced defender, and had a very good season at Swindon, helping them reach the play-offs.

"I am looking forward to seeing him on Monday for his medical and to complete all the paperwork."

Glasgow-born Greer began his career with Clyde, where a string of impressive performances secured a move to Blackburn Rovers in 2001, with Graeme Souness paying £250,000 for his services.

After two years at Ewood Park, he returned to Scotland, joining SPL Kilmarnock, where he spent four years, before a Bosman move south to Doncaster Rovers.

He joined Swindon Town last summer on a free transfer after injury blighted his time with Rovers, and proved himself to be one of the top defenders in League One last season.

Last edited:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I can already see a number of Albion shirts with Greer + number on the back first game of the season.
That game, in my opinion will be no real resemblance to the coming season, first game of the season usually means anything can and will happen, especially without what i presume is our new captain, plus our CURRENT best striker.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
you can almost hear the swindon fans raising their 6th fingers in disgust that we have "stolen" their captain, marvellous scenes :hilton:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
EXCELLENT news, signing one of last years promotion contenders main centre back and captain shows real intent in my eyes, the fact that he wanted to come here is also indicative of the pull of Gus and Bloom and their professionalism!

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Swindon away - "Where's your Captin gone? Where's your captin gone?" :whistle:

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
Great news.
A top striker and the form that we showed after Gus arrived in Nov and we will be pushing for it. :cute:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The team is almost there, another 2 or 3 and that'll be it I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here