Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Forster

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
I thought the idea of Forster going to Charlton was that he was going to be offerered a coaching role within the club.

It looks like he won't be staying at Charlton and i'm sure Brighton won't renew his deal. I think he has intrest from Brentford and Wyecombe, do these moves sound possible?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He looked past it during the second leg the other night, he might struggle to find a club who are going to offer first team football.

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
Personally I would still have him here next season as a player/coach providing we get rid of Davies, Dickinson and loan out Holroyd.

I think thats what alot of us would like to see, problem being Poyet does see him as a rival. I can see him coaching at a club like Brentford or Wyecombe though...:thumbsup:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If ONLY he hasn't acted like a complete BUTTHOLE and SHUT UP, then he would have probably have had his contract sorted by now like he wanted.

Oh well

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
If ONLY he hasn't acted like a complete BUTTHOLE and SHUT UP, then he would have probably have had his contract sorted by now like he wanted.

Oh well

He wanted a two year deal which Brighton didn't want to give him... we called his bluff and he left, what he did was proffesional (trying to earn money), i'm sure that he will be coaching/managing or playing for a team in the top three flights next season...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No one will be stupid enough in this financial climate to pay a 36 year old(I think that's his age) 2 years of wages when he's had dodgy knees. It's just not going to happen.

In my view he should have realised a good thing (which probably would have led to a coaching role) and just held on like everyone else. Poyet was playing him. He clearly didn't dislike the bloke UNTIL he turned into billy big balls.

I liked NF ALOT. But I just can't stand STUPID demands which lead to an embarrassing hissy fit via national news corporations.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
He wanted a two year deal which Brighton didn't want to give him... we called his bluff and he left, what he did was proffesional (trying to earn money), i'm sure that he will be coaching/managing or playing for a team in the top three flights next season...

I am sorry but what he did was totally UNprofessional. He started throwing his toys out of the pram (with help from his agent) at a crucial time of the season for us. He claimed he wanted his contract sorted when Gus specifically said he would not speak about contracts. Well Nicky clubs not exactly breaking the door down to sign you are they?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Any chance of us snaffling Barnes?

We'll score goals between Murray, Barnes, KLL, and Bennett. Just hope we can get them all!

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove

We'll score goals between Murray, Barnes, KLL, and Bennett. Just hope we can get them all!

Plymouth want Barnes for next season so we'll be looking at paying a bit for him. I think the Newcastle would want to keep Lua Lua and loan him out. And there will be intrest in both Bennet and Murray from Championship sides... I reckon if we have one of these four playing next year we will have done well.

Besides, Poyet is out in Buenos Aires at the moment i'm sure that we will begin the 2010/11 campaign with hopefully 2 'out and out' goal scorers

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There will be zero interest in Murray from Championship sides.
I tend to agree with this. Not that he's a bad player, but he remains unproven. The only championship clubs who would take a punt on him are the Scunny/Donny type clubs and I doubt they could afford him. For the fee they'd pay, it's not worth our while selling him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Plymouth just sold their top scorer from last season so imagine they see Barnes playing a part next year

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Plymouth will want too much for Barnes as he proved he can do it at this level with us. Still think Holroyd may have something but needs to prove it in pre-season. Would get rid of LD and CG and still believe Gus may attract an older player coming down from the premeirshit. KLL is a huge possibility on season long loan as Newcastle may want to see how he developes. Never know what Gus may find abroad though, did well to snap up Calderon and sure he has many more unearthed talents and gems to get to wear the stripes

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Oh well

:facepalm:

Where was it ever mentioned that he wanted a two year deal.

I am sorry but what he did was totally UNprofessional. He started throwing his toys out of the pram (with help from his agent) at a crucial time of the season for us. He claimed he wanted his contract sorted when Gus specifically said he would not speak about contracts.except of course to El Abd. I remind you as it is obviously something you forgot to mention Well Nicky clubs not exactly breaking the door down to sign you are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here