Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mendoza's Falmer Photo Capturing Adventure 26/2/10

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I know Jack Straw has done his, but as the sunshine was out, I had to have a look and stroll around the site on the way home from work

These were ataken about 4.30 this afternoon

1st batch

Attachments

• IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 761
  • IMG_1729.JPG
    IMG_1729.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 765
  • IMG_1730.JPG
    IMG_1730.JPG
    122.4 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_1732.JPG
    IMG_1732.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_1733.JPG
    IMG_1733.JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 759

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Were these taking on a mobile?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know you mustn 't think these thoughts...BUT does anyone else thing that the Falmer residents may have had a point....Look how ENOURMOUS this stadium is going to be?

Its not exactly sunk in that much

:laugh:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Very nice work Mr Mendoza.
Even without a camera it makes a nice day out, doesn't it?

It's not that big yet, Dave. Just wait till the west arch goes up!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I know you mustn 't think these thoughts...BUT does anyone else thing that the Falmer residents may have had a point....Look how ENOURMOUS this stadium is going to be?

f*** 'em!

It's a very long established principle of planning law that no-one has a right to preserve the nice view from their window.

Nor is "I don't want that half a mile from my house" a valid reason for development not happening.

The residents of Portslade Old Village probably objected to Mile Oak being built. They were ignored, because someone realised that there was a need for housing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I look at the beautiful countryside in the distance, I look at that concrete and streel monstrosity and then think two thoughts...f*** Palace and f*** Pompey.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

They were complaining it was going to be an EYESORE

It is patently OBVIOUS that the stadium is a thing of beauty, to be celebrated, by all those who live near it, and those who visit it.

That main stand is IMMENSE - when the arch gets lifted on top of that, it will be MAGNIFICENT

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Does need to be mentioned that i'm far from happy at the state of the pitch, already water-logged!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Nice one, fella! More good additions to the future historical gallery of the construction.....the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned!!!!

Love the last two pics of the final batch posted up.....great stuff!!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Not really. I know it's going to look quite big, but in real terms with the road next to it and both uni campus' there I doubt it'll make much difference at all, the only time they'll notice it will be from the dual carriageway. It won't affect thier lives at all.

If the road or the universities didn't exist then I'd agree with you.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Although one thing I don't think anyone's picked up on yet is the stroke of genius to make it bigger than the original plans and keep it totally under the radar.

If you think the original east stand was only one tier and the west stand was two, with what looked like very little room for expansion, we now have a three tier west stand and what looks to be space for a few thousand more seats should they wish to put them in.

Absolute genius :thumbsup:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009

They'll get used to it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here