Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goldstone, Withdean, Falmer

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Stayed overnight after the game to take in a bit of Christmas shopping in Lewes on Saturday. We drove to the game down the Old Shoreham road, past the Goldstone, then obviously watched last night's match at Withdean. This morning we stopped off at Falmer en-route to Lewes. In a few short miles we saw the history of B&HA. And although we lost, I'm back home now full of optimism - we played some really decent stuff in the second half, but best of all Falmer is beginning to look really fantastic.

Incidently, there was plenty of activity at Falmer this morning - good to see work going on at the weekend!

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Jim,

Nice post mate. The journey has been terrible, long (especially to Priestfield) emotional, and now finally, after so much work, by so many, pure excitement that the ground is beginning to come alive. Somehow, the movement of the arch on the east stand is almost a point of no return. The ground looks and will be magnificent.

41 years after my first match, I have to admit huge excitement at just what is happening to our football club.

EW

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Jim,

Nice post mate. The journey has been terrible, long (especially to Priestfield) emotional, and now finally, after so much work, by so many, pure excitement that the ground is beginning to come alive. Somehow, the movement of the arch on the east stand is almost a point of no return. The ground looks and will be magnificent.

41 years after my first match, I have to admit huge excitement at just what is happening to our football club.

EW

Good post William,btw in the new year it will be my 37th year since my 1st game at the Goldstone.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
46th for me this week.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
My first game was when I was 11 in 1983 Vs Liverpool...(makes it 26 years following the boys)..

Still can't go to the goldstone retail park..I will once Falmer is completed..still to painful I am afraid.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
1964 V Millwall, evening kick-off, remember queing up for the East terrace in Goldstone Lane with my Dad and a beer crate to stand on.
Couldnt believe all the new words I was learning at the tender age of 8, just glad my Dad didnt tell the Millwall fans that were going in the same turnstile to shut up swearing.
Archie McCauley's boys went on to win the league that year as champions ................ the rest is history , and what a rollar coaster it has been.:thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The first game I went to we lost 0-1 to Southampton and Sammy Nelson was playing...what year was that?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
You aint lived if you aint been in the North Stand with over 30,000 in the ground, especially mid week games, the whole place rocked:)

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Only 25 for me I'm afraid. My first match was against Wimbledon in December 1984. My dad and I sat in the Lego Stand, and I managed to go in every part of the ground except the away corner before the old place closed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here