Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Playoffs no problem..........

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Quick calculation say's that:

We need 2 points a match for the playoffs and coppell and curbs at around 1.5 career average and being in a lower league with the transfer window left we can do it.

That's 31 Matches x 2 = 62points +14points we have = 76pts that's generally enough.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Coppell
Won 393 games @ 3points/Match = 1179pts
Drawn 260 games @ 1 Point/Match = 260pts
Total 1439/981Matches = 1.466points per match.

Curbs
Won 303 games @ 3points/Match = 909pts
Drawn 260 games @ 1 Point/Match = 287pts
Total 1196/791Matches = 1.512points per match.

Please deliver us quality Tony.

Any other takes on it NSC?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Let's not have enlarged expectations again.

It will only mean hoardes of people calling for the managers head early into their tenure, if the form is patchy. A la Wilkins, Slade etc.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
That's great news! I'm off to book a hotel room for our glorious Wembley Final. :thumbsup:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Two points a game would be possible, if we hadn't already played all thw worst teams in the division.
We now have Southampton, Charlton, Leeds and Norwich and after those we'll be needing something like 2.2 points a game :(

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It's nice to have hopes and ambitions for this season and it's not IMPOSSIBLE.

However I feel too much damage has been done, and a mid-table finish maybe 10th is a level headed look at things.

D

Deleted member 2719

Let's not have enlarged expectations again.

It will only mean hoardes of people calling for the managers head early into their tenure, if the form is patchy. A la Wilkins, Slade etc.

Only trying to be positive BOF you have to have hope - although realistically of course the future manager will have worked a miracle.

I still believe we should aim high anyhow.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
Some deluded thoughts there...ill be delighted with mid table after the start weve had. and no im not showing a lack of ambition but instead a bit of realism. i dont think merlin the magician could get us 2 points per game

D

Deleted member 2719

Two points a game would be possible, if we hadn't already played all thw worst teams in the division.
We now have Southampton, Charlton, Leeds and Norwich and after those we'll be needing something like 2.2 points a game :(

I agree we will have to get off to a flyer but with a low morale it can only be boasted if we get a proven quality guy in.

But i know where your coming from.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Talk about getting carried away.

All of a sudden Slade is sacked, and now were in the running for the play offs:bla:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Only trying to be positive BOF you have to have hope - although realistically of course the future manager will have worked a miracle.

I still believe we should aim high anyhow.

I agree a bit of positivity can go a long way and the fans do have a part to play. But I think we should concentrate on blending (not gelling ;) ) as a team. The new manager is going to want to change things and there will be players he does not want and new players he will want to bring in.

Having said that, we don't seem to be that far away from building a decent team. I think Murray is going to be key to us and hopefully a new management team will get him to buck up his ideas and give the club a new impetus. If we have Forster, Dickinson and Murray raring to go, then that is one less department to worry about.

D

Deleted member 2719

Talk about getting carried away.

All of a sudden Slade is sacked, and now were in the running for the play offs:bla:

Sorry perhaps we should be playing on the railway.

Come on get a grip i am sorry Slade went but Bloom has a chance to put his stamp on it and i am sure he knows only quality will give us stability as a club.

Look to the future lads we could be Pompey fans.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sorry perhaps we should be playing on the railway.

Come on get a grip i am sorry Slade went but Bloom has a chance to put his stamp on it and i am sure he knows only quality will give us stability as a club.

Look to the future lads we could be Pompey fans.
How? Are we all going to grow an extra finger on each hand or something?

Give it up, and just be pleased if we comfortably avoid a relegation battle.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

We need 2 points a match for the playoffs and coppell and curbs at around 1.5 career average and being in a lower league with the transfer window left we can do it.

That's 31 Matches x 2 = 62points +14points we have = 76pts that's generally enough.

Coppell

Curbs

Bit of a mare there Mouldy. Although I admire your optimism

Some deluded thoughts there...ill be delighted with mid table after the start weve had. and no im not showing a lack of ambition but instead a bit of realism. i dont think merlin the magician could get us 2 points per game

Slade would have got us mid table! Surely we should hope for better now.

D

Deleted member 2719

Bit of a mare there Mouldy. Although I admire your optimism

We have to be optimistic MR Slicker and also realise that Tony as put a wedge in for Falmer and i am sure he has he sights firmly on the Premiership but definitely on the Championship short term when at Falmer to help pay his loan back.

I feel positive about this clear out and new chairman i only wish some of the diehards and stuck in the rutters could have some vision.

I suppose we are all different.

:smile:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Coppell

Curbs

Fook me mate..........has all your work dried up:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
the Championship short term when at Falmer to help pay his loan back.

Given that Simon Jordan had to put £5million into Palace at the start of the season to prevent them going into administration, and they have considerably bigger crowds than us, how to do expect us to make a profit in the Championship?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Merlin was a wizard, not a magician.
In fact, he may even have been a warlock.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
We have to be optimistic MR Slicker and also realise that Tony as put a wedge in for Falmer and i am sure he has he sights firmly on the Premiership but definitely on the Championship short term when at Falmer to help pay his loan back.

I feel positive about this clear out and new chairman i only wish some of the diehards and stuck in the rutters could have some vision.

I suppose we are all different.

:smile:

All depends on Blooms appointment and if the chosen manager lights the fans enthusiasm (sp sorry spell checker off:p)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here