Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Hinshelwood

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Off on loan to Lewes it would seem.

Good to get some first team football and test that injury.

Can't have long left on his 3 month contract though can he ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Very good signing for them, good chance to see if he gets back to his best.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It is useful to have a feeder club even if they are wank. :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Will he still train with the Albion on a day-to-day basis?

If not I would rather keep him, monitor his progress more closely and have him on the bench for us rather than playing every game for Lewes who will be tempted to play him perhaps even when he is not fit.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Lynch did well for Forest at left back on Tuesday. Anyone agree that a back four of Virgo Hinshelwood Elphick Lynch would be easily one of the best in this division...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lynch did well for Forest at left back on Tuesday. Anyone agree that a back four of Virgo Hinshelwood Elphick Lynch would be easily one of the best in this division...

Yes, yes it would.

People still hark on about Lynch playing badly against Mansfield at left back but forget he had the flu AND Guy Butters covering him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cant help feeling that this is delaying the inevitable. Or maybe going to Lewes is fast-forwarding the inevitable? I've lost track of the number of ops he's had on his seemingly dodgy knees. I really wish him all the best and hope he succeeds but the odds dont look good.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Andy Whing seems to think Hinshelwood is looking good:

(from his weekly column in the Littlehampton Gazette)

It's great to see Adam Hinshelwood getting back into action again after all his injury troubles.

I played with him in the reserves game at Southamp-ton last week — in what was his first full game for more than a year.

It has been around three seasons he's been out, with his knee troubles, but he still has that Hinshelwood spark.

Seeing him putting in tackles, winning headers and generally putting himself about the pitch reminded me very much of the old Adam Hinshelwood everyone was so used to seeing.

He has played two or three games for the reserves, now, and has been training hard.

Obviously, after all the trouble he's had with his cruciate ligament and knee, he isn't going to be rushed into anything.

But, when he is fit enough, I'm really looking forward to playing with him again. He really is a fantastic player and will bring a lot to the squad.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I have almost forgotten what it is like to see Hinsh in the first team. I agree that would add a lot to the squad. Let's hope he gets few first team games under his belt at Lewes and comes back ready to challenge for a start here.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Good signing for all parties - spot on Mickey! :)

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Yes, yes it would.

People still hark on about Lynch playing badly against Mansfield at left back but forget he had the flu AND Guy Butters covering him.
yer they only remember the mansfield game yet he played quite a few at lb for us most in the championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here