Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray: Better than Zamora

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have been thinking it for a while. Too many Murray bashers on here until recently.

But I honestly think Glenn has been every bit as important and impressive for us this season as Bobby was during his spell here. His overall game is better in many ways.

His scoring record may not be quite as impressive, but Zamora did play in a team consistantly at the top of the league (until the injury-hit final season).

I prefer GLENN.

We should sing this song for him:

To the tune of Thank you for the music, by ABBA.

Thank you for Glenn Murray, the goals he's bringing
Thanks for all the games he's winning
Who could live without him, I ask in all honesty
Where would we be?
Without Murray in our team what are we?
So I say thank you for Glenn Murray
For giving him to me

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Glenn is QUALITY, that's for sure.

But better than Zamora, who consistently knocked in goals from everywhere for 3 seasons (and a loan spell), proved himself in The Championship (even when injured), stayed here longer than he needed to (he didn't hand in 2 transfer requests), who can do everything Glenn can but with more pace, and who has since gone on to become a decent player in The Premiership and play for his country? no, no he's not. Don't be so utterly ridiculous.

Oh, and the song is shite. :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And the song is shit

Can't really judge them without Murray playing his trade in the premiership, but I think Zamora is in a different class to Murray. Murray has done well this season but is not the only player to have scored alot of goals where as Zamora scored the majority for the team when he was at Brighton.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

But better than Zamora, who consistently knocked in goals from everywhere for 3 seasons (and a loan spell), proved himself in The Championship (even when injured), stayed here longer than he needed to (he didn't hand in 2 transfer requests), who can do everything Glenn can but with more pace, and who has since gone on to become a decent player in The Premiership and play for his country? no, no he's not. Don't be so utterly ridiculous.

Saved me posting something similar.

Ta.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

THIS all day long. But I quite like the song

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Not worth starting a new thread for but:

Has anyone noticed Gus comment at the end of his Seagulls player interview after Swindon match ?

If you haven't, he says (Ref Murray signing new contract) "it's on going, we hope he will sign...but he wont's some money the boy eh..?!"

maybe that's whats holding it all up..

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
really, nice compliment but we all know this is just a bit of fun. has Murray been as important to us? definatly.

when Spurs came in for Zamora, few were surprised iirc, we knew he had a bit of top draw quality about him. while Murray has been a great player and will do well i expect in the Championship, wouldnt it be a bit of a surprise if say Bolton or Everton came in for him? Zamora was/is different gravy.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Glenn Murray is never as good as Zamora when Zamora was here he was untouchable, the only player that has made me get out my seat since Zamora is LuaLua.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
However, Murray is our best player by a mile at the moment. As I said on the other thread on this, they are SO different in their playing styles its like comparing Shearer to Owen (at their peaks)

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I am no Murray basher for sure, but better than Zamora? Er, no. Not by a country mile. And hopefully you know that.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not worth starting a new thread for but:

Has anyone noticed Gus comment at the end of his Seagulls player interview after Swindon match ?

If you haven't, he says (Ref Murray signing new contract) "it's on going, we hope he will sign...but he wont's some money the boy eh..?!"

maybe that's whats holding it all up..

Of course he wants more money, if we are to get promoted. So I guess both parties are waiting for that to happen before negotiations can take place.

As for the topic no chance, although he is a class player.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
If Zamora had of played in this team with the amount of chances we create he would be close to breaking Dixie Dean's record.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
"it's on going, we hope he will sign...but he wont's some money the boy eh..?!"

i could not make out gus's words - was this "wants some money" or else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here