Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Watch From the Inside No2A 25/7/09

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brilliant sight....we really are going to have our own shiny new stadium at long last. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I heard from a good source several of the urinal cakes from the gents behind the north stand (goldstone) had been saved and would be released back into a urinal at falmer. It would be nice to recapture that smell of albion history.

:lol:That is both amusing and disgusting. Well done.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
quality, f'ing brilliant!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Love those pics and the fact that you ca now see the curve of the back of the stand.

East Stand

So, do those entrances lead to the top, middle or bottom of the terrace? do the seats sit on where the mud is so far?

Entrances are in the top third of the stand and the terracing comes in 2 phases - in-situ (cast on site and built off the sloping chalk) and precast (on the steel frame)

Can't wait for the terracing to go in, when is this Natterjack?

East Stand in-situ terracing will be completed in the next 2/3 weeks, the half dozen precast rows (top) that bear onto the steel and retaining wall will follow.

Thanks to Jack Straw for putting the photo's up, I wouldn't have a clue how to get them to that quality :thumbsup:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I had never realised that steel and concrete could be sooooooooooooooooo exciting.:bounce:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Natterjack,1 more question (for now),what is the thinking behind casting the concrete on the chalk rather than just doing everything pre-fabricated.Is it down to expense?.

Natterjack,1 more question (for now),what is the thinking behind casting the concrete on the chalk rather than just doing everything pre-fabricated.Is it down to expense?.

It's cheaper to cast on site using wet concrete rather than make the terrace elsewhere and transport it - it's the same end product.

The difference with the top section is that it would be more expensive to form on site as it is out of the ground and would require form-work and expensive shuttering

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
can't keep looking at such quality pics, keep doing sex-wee and the mrs is getting jealous cos not enough left for her!!!!!!!

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Natterjack....Are you an Albion fan ?

I think you should be.......or an honuary member......

You'll soon be checking our scores every saturday watching us climb up the ladder and before you know it you would of bought your first shirt.....happy days

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Natterjack....Are you an Albion fan ?

I think you should be.......or an honuary member......

You'll soon be checking our scores every saturday watching us climb up the ladder and before you know it you would of bought your first shirt.....happy days

errr, Swansea

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
It may be a question that nutterjack cannot or will not answer but do you know if the stadium actually has been designed in a way that will allow us to increase capacity should we need it? This seems to be what most fans are thinking....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here