Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're going to like this one...Croydon, place of dreams

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought this was interesting:

"Local James Naylor, who runs the firm, said this week he hoped to get rid of 'negative associations' people have of the area, which is often portrayed as a crime-riddled concrete jungle with a dual carriageway running right through it."

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Any
groupon-1.gif
?
ohsht-1.gif

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Had to laugh when I read it in the Telegraph today.
Must say tho' that I reckon the Fratton area of Portsmouth makes some of Croydon look like The Garden of Eden!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Croydon, like many large towns has its fair share of problems and many of its inhabitants can be described as being utter scum but it’s actually a great place to live, especially when you’re young.

It has a decent ‘alternative’ night life as well as your more conventional alchopop and mini skirt venues, cheap rent in decent areas with ridiculously cheap rents in shittier areas, 20 minutes from central London and 20 minutes from the countryside.

I think most people base their opinions of Croydon on the media, dodging the pond life whilst doing their shopping in the town centre or that horrible strip of the A23 on the way to buying a sofa at ikea! It’s one of the biggest towns or cities in the country with a lot of different areas, some admittedly being absolute shit holes but some very nice and leafy. I’ve lived here for 10 years and whilst I was far from convinced at first, I love the place and the fact it embraces people who are a bit ‘different’.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I thought this was interesting:

"Local James Naylor, who runs the firm, said this week he hoped to get rid of 'negative associations' people have of the area, which is often portrayed as a crime-riddled concrete jungle with a dual carriageway running right through it."

I think you will find that this is their aspirational statement. That is aspirational, not Warren Aspirational.

TNBA

TTF

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Croydump ... beleive me it is a dump! I worked there for long enough!
i still do occasionally and nothings changed, must say there is a little area called shirley just outside the town that isnt that bad, found it ok to work in that area.New addington left my works van parked for 5 mins and had everything robbed out of it,(shithole)

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
"During his tour - which starts off from the Croydon Visitor Centre at East Croydon Railway Station - he takes visitors to the top of high-rise multi-storey car parks to 'show them the view' and compares 'downtown' Croydon to New York."

Yeah, right...that's New York off my places to see..:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here