Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Worthing FC

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Let’s hope the ticketing approach is sensible for the next round. For those of us of a certain age it would be good to get a decent away tie if they get through this one. Oxford away all over again 😉

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Crikey Oxford away in 82…
The stories we could tell.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I always wonder how this draw is done - it always seems to have been done on a semi-regional basis; there's a reason, for instance, why Carlisle haven't drawn Exeter (although Worthing - Morecambe does seem to be a bit of an exception).
It can't surely be coincidence that really long travel distances are generally avoided, can it?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I always wonder how this draw is done - it always seems to have been done on a semi-regional basis; there's a reason, for instance, why Carlisle haven't drawn Exeter (although Worthing - Morecambe does seem to be a bit of an exception).
It can't surely be coincidence that really long travel distances are generally avoided, can it?
Horsham at Chesterfield

Away to Barnsley last season too.

Think it's random.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
The first round used to he regionalised, but not for the last 25 years.

Worthing played Alfreton in the north last year, and Horsham have been drawn away to Carlisle, Barnsley and Chesterfield in the last few years.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The first round used to he regionalised, but not for the last 25 years.
That might be it then - I was used to that happening, and assumed it still was; seeing draws like Northampton v Kettering, Bristol Rovers v Weston-Super-Mare and Tranmere v Oldham for example acts like confirmation bias.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here