Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Womens Snowboard Cross

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
is bloody FANTASTIC

not only has the commentator used the line "sucked in like something caught in the death stars tractor beam", but women are STACKING it left, right and centre

and, onve these qualifiers are out of the way, there is the GENIUS of sticking FOUR competitors on the track in one go - they are struggling to get down individually, so that has the potential to be CARNAGE

bbc one via the red button :thumbsup:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its all about the mens half pipe at 1am tonight epic scenes

if there as many competitiors STACKING it then i will definitely stay up to watch that

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
is bloody FANTASTIC

not only has the commentator used the line "sucked in like something caught in the death stars tractor beam", but women are STACKING it left, right and centre

and, onve these qualifiers are out of the way, there is the GENIUS of sticking FOUR competitors on the track in one go - they are struggling to get down individually, so that has the potential to be CARNAGE

bbc one via the red button :thumbsup:

'Tis proper QUALITY this :thumbsup:

Watched all the mens last night and been looking forward to this one all day at work today. Late start due to fog was nice too as I was able to wind down with a nice spot of curling and several large earl greys before this.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If I understand things correctly then next week we're going to see folks SKIING down this self same course four abreast too :eek:

I must be dreaming, surely ?

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
nah the half pipe is all about this guy:

shaun-white-snowboarding-ha-780252.jpg

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
i watched the mens snowboard cross last night too.. best event in the winter olympics i reckon. very exciting stuff. guaranteed a wipe out in every race.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Eliminators start in 2 minutes - odd that all the women seemed to fall over, much more than the men. Really good sport, reckon they should get people on those tiny skis doing it too - would be pretty fun.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Eliminators start in 2 minutes - odd that all the women seemed to fall over, much more than the men. Really good sport, reckon they should get people on those tiny skis doing it too - would be pretty fun.

Lindsey Jacobellis looked superb on her second run. Looks good for a medal - gold perhaps ?...... showboating aside of course :lolol:

How does everyone rate Zoe Gillings' chances for a medal ?

Come on Zoe !

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes !

Gillings through to semi's :clap:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Gillings just misses out on a place in the final :sad:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
i watched the mens snowboard cross last night too.. best event in the winter olympics i reckon. very exciting stuff. guaranteed a wipe out in every race.

Brilliant stuff.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Jacobellis nudged out and through the gate. Have to feel sorry for her really.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
If I understand things correctly then next week we're going to see folks SKIING down this self same course four abreast too :eek:

I must be dreaming, surely ?

that sounds utterly MENTAL

another pearler of a comment from the commentator when that british bird pulled up straight away in the last race, stating "i cant say for sure, but its definitely an injury"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That commentator [no, not Graham Bell] is quite TIDY, aswell. Stine somethingorother. Yum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here