Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why aren't we rivals with Crawley?

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Because they drew 1-1 with Hereford.

Kev the Ape

because we r rivals with palace

we have been long rivals with the scum ( palace) so we dnt need crawley to be they aint done nowt wrong with us so there nothink wrong with crawley, its like saying lets be rivals with worthing dnt be stupid!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
BensGrandad said:
Not likely to either.
When I read this, I couldn't help thinking of Northampton Town - a top flight club as recently as the 70s I think - who were usurped as Northamptonshire's top football team by a village only last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simster said:
When I read this, I couldn't help thinking of Northampton Town - a top flight club as recently as the 70s I think - who were usurped as Northamptonshire's top football team by a village only last season.

That was over 30 years ago and they only spent 1 year at the top.

If my memory is correct they are the only side to have gone in successive seasons divisions 4 - 3- 2- 1- 2-3 -4 .

I will not be watching Brighton in 30 years unless somebody gives me a wheel chair to use at Withdean then.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Simster said:

brighton a top flight club as recently as 1983. and we nearly dropped into the conference a couple of times. swansea also a top flight club in 1983. relegated along with us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
graz126 said:
brighton a top flight club as recently as 1983. and we nearly dropped into the conference a couple of times. swansea also a top flight club in 1983. relegated along with us.
Indeed, and Crawley is a large town and not a village like Irthlingborough (or a v. small town like Rushden) so it is perfectly possible for Crawley to overtake us, even if it is only for a season or two. Christ, even Orient were better than us for 3 seasons and they're a pub team.

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
Strike said:
Lets not be too harsh there are a few Brighton supporters in Crawley, its just we are outnumbered by the population of ex-londoners here.

right on Strike

Except for a reinalt (Spelling ??) goal The Reds might have been playing Albion tonight. :p :lolol: :blush:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was good that the Hereford supporters sang "We hate Brighton" for a few seconds this evening. :lolol:

Great result for Crawley. Their goal could have been a Brooker / Zamora masterpiece. Caught the Hereford defence completely asleep. :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here