Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What was going through his head at this moment? (Welbeck 3-2 Spurs)

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
1728679103734.png

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It's so Spurs isn't it. Hire a manager whose credentials are limited to success in a minor league setting (Scotland) and expect them to merge an average team into world-beaters. When will they learn?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's so Spurs isn't it. Hire a manager whose credentials are limited to success in a minor league setting (Scotland) and expect them to merge an average team into world-beaters. When will they learn?
Almost as daft as hiring a kid who has just won the German second tier and expecting them to survive in our cut-throat top tier!……. Oh!

well, so far so good!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The difference being that some thought and background work has gone into out choice. Not a "throw money at anyone" Spurs.
I seem to recall Ange was one of the main targets and he turned them down? Then they approached about 18 other people before going back to him and he agreed to take over.

That, in itself, is pretty Spursey :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The difference being that some thought and background work has gone into out choice. Not a "throw money at anyone" Spurs.

I seem to recall Ange was one of the main targets and he turned them down? Then they approached about 18 other people before going back to him and he agreed to take over.

That, in itself, is pretty Spursey :lolol:

Very odd to call out Spurs for hiring Postecoglou, when it’s very widely reported that we tried to hire him ourselves, when Potter left.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK, we beat Spurs and had a laugh about it a week ago.

Time to move on.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Very odd to call out Spurs for hiring Postecoglou, when it’s very widely reported that we tried to hire him ourselves, when Potter left.
I wasn't. More pointing to the fact that went after targets who either turned them down or turned out to be not what they wanted/expected :shrug:

I quite like Ange and really like how he's got them playing. To the point that, at half time on Sunday, I was thinking that the first half performance could be something Fab could aspire to after c.18 months in the job. Little did I know that they would produce it in the following 45.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You know that will come back to bite you with posts where you reference anything that happened more than six days ago, right H? :lolol:
Yep.

Bring it on! :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here