Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Weather Forecast Apps/Sites etc

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Some of my job depends on knowing the weather. But I can never work out the best and most detailed places to look.

I used to swear by the Met, but it's not that great these days. No rainfall showing in Brighton on the live maps, so unless the above neighbour has had an external shower fitted, or my toilet leak is worse than I thought, I don't know what that wet stuff is.

Each site seems to claim it's the best. What is NSC folks preferred forecaster ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some of my job depends on knowing the weather. But I can never work out the best and most detailed places to look.

I used to swear by the Met, but it's not that great these days. No rainfall showing in Brighton on the live maps, so unless the above neighbour has had an external shower fitted, or my toilet leak is worse than I thought, I don't know what that wet stuff is.

Each site seems to claim it's the best. What is NSC folks preferred forecaster ?
I use the Met one daily for work ..no it’s not 100% but a very good guide….when you looked today did you check the precipitation level as well….it showed 20/30% at times …always the possibility of a shower

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I use the Met one daily for work ..no it’s not 100% but a very good guide….when you looked today did you check the precipitation level as well….it showed 20/30% at times …always the possibility of a shower
Thanks. I looked at the live chart as it was raining here but it was showing nothing. I thought rain would show up as blue.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
XCWeather is fairly reliable....I also use Rainy Days for their rain radar which has saved me a few soakings when fishing.

North of Robertsbridge

Sep 22, 2023
East Sussex
Meteo Group (WeatherPro) has gone downhill, both in licensing and radar rainfall prediction

For short term (next couple of hours) I find the RainToday app very good, and can usually rely on their radar rainfall modelling for outdoor activities and for flying

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think BBC or metoffice but looking at the actual weather map and toggling through the time to see more accurately where/when any rain is falling, the direction its moving, etc.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Weather Spark is awesome at that.

There are some other continental websites too. I’ve sometimes researched our rare very snowy winters and snowstorms, also low temperatures.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Weather Spark is awesome at that.

I beg to differ that our winters are very cold ... pretty mild for the most part bar the odd spell!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A lot of people don't know that 30% means 30% coverage not 30% chance of rain..

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A lot of people don't know that 30% means 30% coverage not 30% chance of rain..
Not sure that's the case on the Met Office?

1727904525882.png

Might be on the BBC maybe - which could explain the vast differences in their forecasts for some days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here