Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very complimentary write-up from the Guardian

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
' Mackail-Smith from Watford. '

awkward.

edit* the write up states we signed him from Watford.

Last edited:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
still an unfinished sentence about CMS - lots of editing on the fly but very positive

Poyet said: "We are trying to be different, I like different players and different styles. I am very pleased by the way the guys are adapting to what I want. So far we've been very good."

Vive la différence, as they say in Uruguay.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
In Uruguay, they would actually say 'Viva la differencia'.

Please excuse my linguistic pedantry.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Didn't read the article last night cos I was too tired, but thought I'd buy the guardian for the train journey to work this morning (usually get the times or the i). So I was very disappointed that this report wasn't in the paper. In fact there were no reports from any of last nights games, not even any scores. There weren't any reports from any of yesterday's cricket matches either.

Is this usual for the guardian? Don't think I'll be buying it again.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Didn't read the article last night cos I was too tired, but thought I'd buy the guardian for the train journey to work this morning (usually get the times or the i). So I was very disappointed that this report wasn't in the paper. In fact there were no reports from any of last nights games, not even any scores. There weren't any reports from any of yesterday's cricket matches either.

Is this usual for the guardian? Don't think I'll be buying it again.

Did you look in the Sports section?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Did you look in the Sports section?

Ah, that's where I went wrong, I wondered why there were so many theatre reviews!

Of course I looked in the sports section, it just seemed a little light on any of yesterday's sport; instead it was full of previews of today's sport. So less of a newspaper, more of a viewspaper.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
That's interesting, and they complain about dwindling sales. Day2 of your job as a newspaper editor is SORT THE BLOODY SPORT OUT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here