Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trialists wait for Albion chance

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Trialists wait for Albion chance

Brighton trialists Carl Wilson-Denis and Darryl Flahavan could figure in the Seagull's pre-season friendly with Arundel on Wednesday.

Wilson-Denis, a 20-year-old striker, is with on trial with Steve Coppell's men for an indefinite period and former-Southend keeper Flahavan is also hoping to earn a permanent move to the Withdean Stadium.

Meanwhile, the results of the exploratory operation on Dean Blackwell's knee are likely to be discovered on Wednesday
while Bobby Zamora returned to training On Tuesday following an extended break after England U21 duty.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I hope that one of these 2 turn out to be good, I cant remember the last time anyone who trialled at a friendly turned out to be anything other than pants.

As for Blackwell I think we should let him go. Quality player but just too injury prone and also keeping prospects out of the side.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Albion Dan said:
I hope that one of these 2 turn out to be good, I cant remember the last time anyone who trialled at a friendly turned out to be anything other than pants.

As for Blackwell I think we should let him go. Quality player but just too injury prone and also keeping prospects out of the side.

John Piercy? FDM????

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
hang on!!!

what about andy roberts??? the player we had on trial, didnt sign and then played the whole season for milwall!!!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
ok, ok, I was wrong!!! I dont remember Kuipers having a trial though and the others hardly set the team alight. I hope Piercy is still to prove me wrong on that score!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here