Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Youngsters and Reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Who do you think will get a chance to shine next season? Anyone good enough to take Div2 by storm?

I think John Piercy will be a star.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Daniel Marney will come through I reckon. maybe wide midfield or maybe a livewire runner up front. Hopefully he's filled out a little as he looked slightly lightweight last season. Full of running though.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Hopefully Danny Marney and John Piercy can make a good impact in Division 2 next year! Either can be the next Paul Brooker.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yeah but in a team full of shit its not that easy! Richie Barker looked dreadfull for us in the Gillingham years and went on to much better things!

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
I thought Marney, Wilkinson and Hinshelwood all look good prospects last year - and bearing in mind they were thrown in at the deep end with a team struggling in Div 1 - they did well. Bit more experience and a bit of coaching from Sir Steve they could turn out to be regulars for years to come. As for Piercy - the amount of goals he got fo rthe reserves last year (from Midfield) he must be worth a place in the first team squad at the very least. Adam Virgo has nevre let us down - I thought he was particularly unlucky against Sheffield United - he looked better than Butters in that game!!.

I think it's a bit early for Jake Robinson bearing in mind he hasn't started a reserve game yet. (well, I don't think he has - correct me if i'm wrong on that point!!)

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
I believe Jake is 17 but could be wrong. I expect him to get a chance in the reserves this season. I agree that Marney and Wilkinson will definately be capable of doing well + Hammond and Harding are good prospects. Think it'll be good to have 1 at a tim ein the side seeing as we're only short of brooker from last season and we've got Jones who can fill that roll.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Seagullible said:
I believe Jake is 17 but could be wrong. I expect him to get a chance in the reserves this season.

17, 27, or 37. If he's good enough to play in the first team, he should get his chance. If he's not good enough, Coppell wont play him. Look at Pele and Rooney!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Whatever happened to Jake? He was the subject of many threads, then disappeared. I assume he is definately still with the Albion?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
DTES said:
Whatever happened to Jake? He was the subject of many threads, then disappeared. I assume he is definately still with the Albion?

No gone to Bristol City with Harty :(

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
Definitely a chance for Hinshelwood, hopefully El-Abd can get a look in too as I hear that he is a combative midfield player, not too sure about any of the others although Piercy should be able to make his mark.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Van der Gully said:
Definitely a chance for Hinshelwood, hopefully El-Abd can get a look in too as I hear that he is a combative midfield player, not too sure about any of the others although Piercy should be able to make his mark.

El Abd is a centre back I thought.

I hope the youngsters come through.

Kuipers
Hinshelwood Vigro Cullip Mayo
Wilkinson Hammond Carpenter Rodger Marney
Zamora

Subs: El Abd, May, Harding, Robinson, McPhee

Last edited:

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
fatboy said:
I hope the youngsters come through.

Kuipers
Hinshelwood Vigro Cullip Mayo
Wilkinson Hammond Carpenter Rodger Marney
Zamora

Subs: El Abd, May, Harding, Robinson, McPhee

Are you Hinshelwood in disguise??
Are you Hinshelwood in disguise!

:eek:

With that team we'll be looking more towards Division 3 than Division 1.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hammond and Piercey to come through...

With Brooker gone, and if Jones gets injured, who else but Hammond can play on LHS of midfield?...

Piercey on the right with OGH moved back up front... unless we get one or two strikers in...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Icy Gull said:
No gone to Bristol City with Harty :(

I thought it was Reading...

:(

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Desert Orchid said:
Yes, he is very much still with the Albion and started his scholarship (with 5 others) on 1st July. No, he hasn't disappeared, but the almost-weekly Jake updates seem to have eased up a bit since the second time someone asked if I was related to him. (No, before anyone else asks) :)

Jake will be 17 in October. He should be given a chance in the reserves straight away. NB Mr Coppell and Mr White.

I'm with you all the way on this one Dessie but I'd be surprised if Jake ever plays more that a few games for the Albion. I fully expect him to disappear pdq as soon as he shows potential in the division. Another Gareth Barry perhaps? Let's hope not.

:rolleyes:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Hopefully the fact that young Jake isn't being pushed too far, too fast means that the club see him as a real and long-term prospect for the future.

When he finally gets his chance, he'll be so damn hungry for it he should wow us all. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here