Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the unofficial NSC top50 album thread.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
Motown Chartbusters Vol 3 - Various - the best compilation EVER
Pepper/Revolver/With The Beatles/Help/Hard Days Night/Let It Be/Abbey Road/Rubber Soul - Beatles
Portishead - Dummy

Man of Harveys said:
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
Motown Chartbusters Vol 3 - Various - the best compilation EVER
Pepper/Revolver/With The Beatles/Help/Hard Days Night/Let It Be/Abbey Road/Rubber Soul - Beatles
Portishead - Dummy

Sorry MoH you can have one, at a push, and only one Beatles album. Most of them contain a couple of duff tracks anyway and are over-rated beyond belief.

As for best compilation ever, your Motown one is very very good, however I'd raise that the STAX singles box set, and of course I can only assume that you've never heard the now almost mythical in status "Cluck Cluck Gibber Gibber".

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Pennywise - Unknown Road

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Pink Floyd - Wish You were here
AC/DC - Back in black
Guns N Roses - Appetite for destruction
Queen - Greatest Hits 1

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Radiohead- The Bends

Blur- Great Escape

Stereophonics- Performance and Cocktails

Prodigy- Music For the Jilted Generation

Jeff Buckley- Grace

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Sorry MoH you can have one, at a push, and only one Beatles album. Most of them contain a couple of duff tracks anyway and are over-rated beyond belief.
"Over-rated"? It's become fairly common on here at least for folk to think that they're being daringly iconoclastic by slating them, thereby actually revealing not much other than a) how they've probably only ever heard the singles and b) they've little sense of musical context, IMHO.

But whatever, it really is their loss...all I'll say by way of illustration is that the bloke from the Chemical Brothers plays Tomorrow Never Knows - recorded on four tracks in 1966 - at the end of raves and gets saucer-eyed teens asking which bangin' new mix that is.

Besides, I can't think of a many albums at ALL that don't have at least one slightly duff/filler track on it. :controversial:

Last edited:

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Not Great Escape, that has to rank as one of the worst albums they produced. I'd go with Modern Life Is Rubbish meself.

I know its not everyone's favourite but I love Great Escape. Parklife is also fantastic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here