Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
He will look at the full video and play it to the team to show them:

1)You cannot give the ball away in midfield
2)You have to work hard to chase the ball down
3)You have to move and believe
4)Run the channels

It was the difference between the first and second halves yesterday and I know Gus saw it that way and will make sure the team learn from it.

TNBA

TTF

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i think we need to strenghten in midfield . im happy with bridcutt but the jury is out on spaz and dicker if you ask me. dicker can be great on his day but if he has an off day he gives it away a lot . in this division we will be punished, as we were yesterday. never really rated sparrow anyway . think we need a lansbury or an all round attacking box to box midfield general a la viera . up front and in defence i think we looked ok yesterday

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Aside from that tackle, I thought Dunk was really good yesterday. He's got the height we need, cool and composed on the ball, he looks like a real footballer and fits in well with the style we play. A couple more performances like that and would think it's his place to lose.

Dicker was no where near his best yesterday but is a good player but I'm still waiting for Sparrow to really get going. We haven't since Vincelot yet either but we may well need another central midfield player. At the moment, assuming Navs is cover for Bridcutt we have no competition for Dicker/Sparrow's positions.

Painter is a good defender but lacks pace and delivery. If Gus wants an attacking full-back he may well have to think about getting someone in who's fast and can cross and pass. If Painter's brief is just to defend, as in the second half yesterday, he'll be fine.

We could do with a pacey and tall striker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think it was most obvious that we need 1 possibly 2 more midfield players as I think Dicker and Sparrow will be good back up but no more and I was disappointed with Bridcutts 1st half display. He was a lot better in the 2nd but still not as forceful as he was last season but I think that he will become such a force again.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Dicker can be great at forward passing but he does get caught in possession in midfield sometimes. Thought Dunk was brilliant apart from that tackle but he is young and will learn from that. CMS never stopped running and closing goalkeeper and defenders down. But we do have a lack of height in the team. But transfers are not over yet!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Not that I have expertise But I love the way Barca when they lose the ball have three players chasing down until they get the ball back! I may be wrong but when they lose the ball, think they get certain amount of time to get it back (like 10 secs or whatever)

I just don't think we can get away with learning as we go, and during each match.

If anything, we could and should have scored more yesterday, but on another day could have lost - so it was neither convincing nor depressing.
What it wasn't though, is Championship promotion style - so if anyone thinks teams are going to ever be 'easy' in this league then they are dreaming.
Someone on NSC rashly claimed they'd be crap and we'd win easily! :wrong:

For all the worry that we might lose Gus to a top club - I can see him doing alright in this league, but as a decent Championship manager.
Like he himself said - he aims to get better, and not hit his ceiling, which in itself is a realistic attitude to have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here