Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 15 minute delay in the Sheff Wed game

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Isn't that completely unfair to us? Under these circumstances shouldn't our game kick off at the same time as the Sheff Wed one?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Not really i don't think! All they have to do is win anyway...and even if we win they're not going to try extra hard in the last 15mins just because we did...or crewe did...or milwall!

Plus, it is because of the disaster after all, not because they want to

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Downloaded Penguin said:
Isn't that completely unfair to us? Under these circumstances shouldn't our game kick off at the same time as the Sheff Wed one?

I agree all games at this crucial time of the season should kick off at the same time so as to neither advantrage nor disadvantage any side. How difficult would it be for the League to say all Championship matches to kick off at 3.15?

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Even at this late stage of the season i don't think it matters if games are not played at the same time. Final game of the season fair enough but not with 4 to go.
Imagine what Mr Murdoch would do if from April all games had to be played at 3pm on a Saturday.....actually that might not be such a bad plan.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see where your coming from but I don't think it will make much difference.

There was nothing to stop Sky scheduling one of the games for this Friday or a lunch time kick off. There's still 4 games to go.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
227 BHA said:
Like its actually going to make any difference to us?

I think Crewe and Millwall should be more aggrieved as thay have the better chance of catching Wednesday

I'm not sure that is factually accurate, seeing as we are the only team of the three to be playing Sheff Wed. And have you seen some of the teams Crewe still have to play.

I would be surprised now if Wednesday went down!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I can't see how it could be unfair, surely all teams go out to win anyway regardless of other results.

The only time it could be unfair to anyone else would be if two teams playing each other with a late kick off knew that they would both survive if they arranged to play out a draw.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
silky1 said:
I'm not sure that is factually accurate, seeing as we are the only team of the three to be playing Sheff Wed. And have you seen some of the teams Crewe still have to play.

Yes, but if we beat Wednesday (BIG if) its doing Crewe and Millwall the favour as well and they already have more points so have the greater chance of survival

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here