Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Spurs

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Assuming no injuries (hopefully Mwepu will recover from the knock he took), do you think Potter should go again with the same 11?
I would go for 10 of the 11, just replacing Gross with Lamptey, as I think we'll need extra pace at the back to counteract the Spurs fast breaks, although it would seem harsh to drop anyone after the Arsenal performance.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
groß put in a great shift but I'd drop him for lamptey, we need his pace to help deal with the counter attack threat.

I'd also go with both maupay and welbeck. they play a three man defence so if we play one up top alone then we'll struggle.

they'll obviously look to hurt us on the counter, if we can have the same midfield threw as saturday then we stand a much better chance of negating that. we can't allow kane to keep dropping deep and looking to link with sin who'll be playing on the shoulder

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Want to get Webster warm before the Southampton game and think against Kane/Son he might be needed... but also wouldnt want to change too much/anything. Tough call.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Think the only thing we can say with any certainty is that it won't be the same starting 11 as yesterday. We just don't seem to do that!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Want to get Webster warm before the Southampton game and think against Kane/Son he might be needed... but also wouldnt want to change too much/anything. Tough call.

Agreed…..was trying to think the team through and gave up :lolol::lolol: If Webster plays (maybe 3 CBs with wingbacks in Lamptey and Cucurella) it’s difficult to accommodate all of Mwepu, Caicedo, Bissouma, MacAlister and Trossard (and I’d have Lallana starting if he’s fit) but equally difficult to drop any of them after yesterday. Bench is starting to look very strong again :D

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Agreed…..was trying to think the team through and gave up :lolol::lolol: If Webster plays (maybe 3 CBs with wingbacks in Lamptey and Cucurella) it’s difficult to accommodate all of Mwepu, Caicedo, Bissouma, MacAlister and Trossard (and I’d have Lallana starting if he’s fit) but equally difficult to drop any of them after yesterday. Bench is starting to look very strong again :D

Yup. Just 4 days between the Spurs / City games and I imagine there will be a lot of running so will probably be quite different lineups.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yup. Just 4 days between the Spurs / City games and I imagine there will be a lot of running so will probably be quite different lineups.

Would like Sarmiento to get a decent runout in the next few games……something more than 5-10 mins at the end. Now we’re virtually safe, also need Mwepu and Caicedo playing as much as possible as they’ll be likely first choices next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal's injury list played into GPott's hands.
He set a great trap and they couldn't wait to jump in.

I guess this time he plans for Kane and Son then build the rest of the team accordingly.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Nobody will guess the 11 or the formation. All we can say with a fair degree of certainty is that it will be Bob plus 10 outfielders, possibly 7 midfielders instead of 6.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arsenal's injury list played into GPott's hands.
He set a great trap and they couldn't wait to jump in.

I guess this time he plans for Kane and Son then build the rest of the team accordingly.

What trap? We seemed to alternate a lot on the right. This? I watched on tv and often miss things compared to when I am at the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What trap? We seemed to alternate a lot on the right. This? I watched on tv and often miss things compared to when I am at the game.

No full backs.
No Partey.
Give them the width.
Hurt them through the middle.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
—————————Sanchez———————
————Webster—-Dunk—-Cucurella——
Veltman—-Mwepu—Bissouma—Caicedo
————Mac Allister———Trossard———-
————————-Maupay————————-

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I thnk it might be worth trying to shoe-horn all five of those into the team - maybe in a 4-2-3-1 formation................

Big Bob
Veltman (or Lamptey) - Dunk - Webster - Cucurella
Biss - Caicedo
Mwepu - Mac Argie - Tross
Welbeck​

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But both our goals came from out wide, the first one by exploiting Xhaka at full back

The first one came from the back pass to Veltman catching him off guard and Dunk booting the ball clear.

The goal came from Enock's impressive control and not passing it across the box but back to Partey/Xhaka territory - where nobody was.

A la the 2nd goal.

I reckon Scarlett thought:-
'palace exposed our full backs, I need to tighten that up'.

GPott thought:-
'palace exposed their full backs, he's gonna try and tightened that up so I'll go at him down the middle'.

'Who's in midfield boss?'
'Yes'

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Has anyone noticed?

Everyone who has suggested an eleven against Spurs, has included Caicedo in their eleven. That's after one game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anyone noticed?

Everyone who has suggested an eleven against Spurs, has included Caicedo in their eleven. That's after one game.

We all know what that means!!

If the Albion have their swagger back I'd take our 9 against their 9.
It's just a shame about the other 2.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We all know what that means!!

If the Albion have their swagger back I'd take our 9 against their 9.
It's just a shame about the other 2.

Do you know I think would be useful in the tunnel? Veltman. He doesn't take any crap.

Which is why I'm drawn to having him in midfield alongside the Mwepu-Bissouma-Caicedo triumvirate. Their physicality and engines will win many midfield battles.

They certainly won the one against Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here