Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stopped and searched on the way to work

Bloody charming. Running up to Eastbourne station this morning at six o' clock and suddenly this 6 foot-odd bloke, looking remarkabley like Dave the Gaffer, dressed all in black with a woolley hat on crosses the road towards me, saying something. Because I'm running I don't hear what he says and carry on. He then gets closer and starts shouting. Don't realise at first that he's copper and shit a brick. After I stop he goes "why are you running?". I explain that I'm running for the bus (it's a regular site every morning, me busting a bollock to make it). He then says "you can kiss the bus goodbye" and goes on to explain that there's been a few burglaries in the area and that he wants to search me. Oh for f***'S SAKE.

The search takes about ten minutes, during which time they check my details and stuff, before the copper says I'm free to carry on and get my bus. Yeah thanks you TOSSER, I've quite blatantly missed it now.

Thankfully this all happened within a couple of minutes walk from my house so, after telling the officer that "it's comforting to see you out trying to stop crime", I was able to go back and have a cup of tea.

Still made me half an hour late this morning though.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Uncle Buck said:
After being section 60, always ask for a crime reference number, it means that the OB then have to do all the paper work. If they are going to inconvience you, then return the favour.

Yes, much better to have officers filling out paperwork than apprehending potential criminals. :angry:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Excellent news.Good to see pro-active actions being made to cut down on crime.

:thumbsup: Thumbs up to the good old British Bobby.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
totally agree with waht they are doing just not the way they do it - can't stand coppers on a power trip - especially the 4 foot tall wanker who pulled me over the my car once....as he though I swore at him!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Although it was annoying and an inconvenience to you, I have to agree that it is encouraging to see the police trying to do something apart from riding around in cars and harrassing motorists.

I have been burgled a few times in Yorkshire and they did catch one lot. They got 5 years. (not just for my burglary but a string of offences)

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
At least he was on foot and not in a virtually sound proof car. Yes it is annoying, but if a criminal saw you get searched and questioned they may think twice about comitting a crime.

Giant Seagull said:
theres been loads of coppers in Eastbourne this week ???

That's because it's bloody haven for criminals, always has been. Started off with all the Scousers coming down in the 70s and now there's Al Queda plotting their stuff in Pevensey Road.

Per head of population I'd say Eastbourne probably has a far higher crime rate than a lot of other towns of similar size (approx. 100,000).

Giant Seagull

That was textbook
Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
That's because it's bloody haven for criminals, always has been. Started off with all the Scousers coming down in the 70s and now there's Al Queda plotting their stuff in Pevensey Road.

Council dont seemed to have noticed, theyv'e still got signs up saying "Eastbourne, the good life just got better" :lolol: :lolol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Willow said:
Yes, much better to have officers filling out paperwork than apprehending potential criminals. :angry:

I agree! They could be out catching speeding motorists.

In the mean time SCUM like Maxine Carr is free to walk the streets in 6 months.

Hmmmm go figure!?!?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you sure it was a copper?

You said he wasn't in uniform. Perhaps he was just some random bloke who fancied a crafty early morning feel?

:lolol:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Arthur said:
I agree! They could be out catching speeding motorists.

In the mean time SCUM like Maxine Carr is free to walk the streets in 6 months.

Hmmmm go figure!?!?

However the police need to be accountable for their actions, ie why was the person stopped etc. Otherwise you end up with the situation in London where the OB were being accused of stopping a high percentage of blacks and yet as the correct procedures were not followed the Met were made to look very stupid.

My original comment comes after we got Section 60 at Vale and they had about 15 of us outside the pub and everyone asked for the crime reference as we had been doing nothing wrong and the police were basically bored.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here