Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Squillaci Turns Down Loan to BHAFC

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Sebastien Squillaci has turned down loan move to Brighton. He's been offered free transfer, out of contract in summer. Why not play John Cross (@johncrossmirror)"https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/296913308613763072>

He's a reliable journo very close to all things Arsenal...

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 18477

well i dont want a player at BHAFC if he doesnt want to be here so good!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
His next tweet stated that we were going in for Upson, and our best bit of transfer window business would be holding on to Bridcutt!

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Personally I think it's a near miss for us. He's always looked like a lazy arrogant tit to me. We're best off without
and stick to players who want to be here.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
His next tweet stated that we were going in for Upson, and our best bit of transfer window business would be holding on to Bridcutt!

Football has become a cutthroat business nowadays.
BHA's board and management staff believe in long term, careful spending,
preparation and building. Patience and solidity with making a strong team and the
financial foundations.
Fans and players want it all and they want it now.
Thus a strong (division) squad with some players worthy of a higher standard are looking at getting there asap and regardless of who with.
Will Brighton and Hove Albion slow those players from their aspirations,
and will their aspirations eventually hamper our progress if they leave - regardless of what their sale brings in?
The way forward is with fast and determined success, no holds barred or be damned to wade through seasons in a comfort zone until things get less comfortable.
It's not a business for the casual investment, that's for sure.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing to get upset about with this one. My Arsenal supporting pal said he would pay us to take this player, and drive him down here too. This particular pal is the tightest bloke on earth so says it all really.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not that fussed, while he's clearly got some talent he strides/prances about and why any club would choose a player with that kind of commitment/determination is beyond me. A luxury CB not one for the Champ's pace and passion. Is also probably on a par with the French league over-all ability wise!

Not a surprise he doesn't want a loan if only 6 months on his deal. He want's people to remember him failing at Arsenal, not prancing about looking average for us. We could do FAR worse but also FAR better.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
My uncle who is a life-long Gooner told me at christmas that Squillaci is one of the worst players ever to have worn the red of Arsenal. As others have said, a lucky escape.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Oh dear I have a feeling it'll be one of those days

5 signings after 11pm 3 loans of which two will make the first team the rest will fill the bench:) Really though we have got what looks like a good striker signed & it would good to get a CB or possibly 2.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not bothered about Squillaci turning us down, but we MUST get someone decent in at CB... if we are serious about challenging for the playoffs, then we need someone in for Sat...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here