Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky / Virgin ... what do you pay

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Just trying to gauge the average really as think mine is a bit expensive and I may try and get it down

I have all the sports / movies / HD box / phone / boradband and another box in the bedroom and it costs me £70 a month

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
SKY
I currently pay £ 75 ish and for that I get tv with sports and movies, an internet service which alledges to be up to 20meg but is more like 20k and telephone calls except to mobile phones......oh and extra room thingy too.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i have phone/ bband/v+ VIP and one extra box upstairs and it costs about £100 a month ( That includes phone calls etc)

I am thinking of killing it apart from basic telly and bband/phone etc

that is VIRGIN ( on the rediculous)

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
Think thats pretty fair tbh if it includes your line rental and broadband. I started a similar thread last week as I was signing up for sky, and unless you get a great deal thats the norm. I'll be paying £48 from tomorrow and thats with all channels, HD box and a box for the bedroom, and iv got half price sky subscription, no HD fee and half price multi-room. Go it through a mate who works for them but without would be £78 I think.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
£21 for basic tv, nothing more.

However, I am thinking of moving to Virgin and going for a phone/tv/internet deal as I reckon it would be cheaper than my current BT/Sky/O2 combo.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
£21 for basic tv, nothing more.

However, I am thinking of moving to Virgin and going for a phone/tv/internet deal as I reckon it would be cheaper than my current BT/Sky/O2 combo.

Cancel your subscription. They do not collect the Sky box or dish and you continue to get the basic channels for nothing.

You have not been charged for this information.:thumbsup:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Cancel your subscription. They do not collect the Sky box or dish and you continue to get the basic channels for nothing.

You have not been charged for this information.:thumbsup:

To be honest I only took out the subscription because my old box packed up, they came and installed a shiny new one for me, the dish and cabelling were mine already.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
To be honest I only took out the subscription because my old box packed up, they came and installed a shiny new one for me, the dish and cabelling were mine already.

Well there you go then, you end up with a nice new box as well. Nobody wants secondhand Sky boxes as they are all changing to Sky + and HD.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
£44 for just all sports

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When people say phone that doesn't include line rental does it? Reason i ask is BT give free calls evenings and weekends just for the basic line rental charge so it doesn't really mean anything to say 'phone' does it?!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm with Virgin and have the following:

Phone (Medium?)
TV: XL. V+ box and V box in bedroom, Sports add on (Sky Sports 1,2,3,4, News)
Broadband: L (20mb)

I pay around £75 a month, constantly on the phone trying to get a better deal but they reckon I am on the best deal they can (getting a bit of discount)

Flumpyj

Mar 3, 2009
With Sky,pay £23 for the tv,gave up movies and sport,£20 for unlimited broadband.Use 1899.com for phone calls and just pay BT for line rental.:bhasign:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sky HD World package plus regular multiroom = £71 per month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here