Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ski / Snowboard Hire...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hello NSC,

im going skiing at the end of Feb, i dont have any of the equipment as of yet, but from experience do you know if it is cheaper to hire before you go or get it when your away?

be a great help if anyone could help.

Cheers

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
About the same really, the advantage of hiring here is you can see what you're getting before you go and if you want a specific ski you know for sure you can get it but you will have to pay ski carriage.
For the easy option hire in resort
www.edge2edge.co.uk in Crawley are really good and I also think they are delivering to certain resorts this season too. I've just bought some wicked Atomic Snoops from them and all the staff were really helpful.

scooter1

How soon is now?
If you want to guarantee its going to fit and be good quality, hire it here. Ocean Sports do some good deals, but bear in mind you'll probably have to pay oversize baggage on it.
I've been away quite a few times, and although i've never hired, the equipment always seems to be in good condition, its a bit of a lottery though in peak season

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
unless you're an experienced skier and therefore know exactly what you want, you'd be mad to hire stuff here and then carry it all the way to resort and back......and the price in resort will surely be no more than here

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Ski baggage, is already included, as i understand it if you hire here, you pick it up at the airport and drop it off at the airport on the way back, for ease i was thinking over here so i know its done, and can just get out there on the first day instead of trying to hire everything which will no doubt be a bit of a pain as im a newb.

Has anyone done a ski season, im sure they could give me a few tips on how to get things a bit cheaper?

scooter1

How soon is now?
Don't hire boots on line. You may think you're a size ? here, but if you pick up a pair of boots at the airport and they're the wrong size, you'll end up having an uncomfortable holiday.
I'm normally a size 9 is shoes here, but my snowboard boots are a size 11(UK) - I don't know why they're so different but they are

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Hire them at the resort. It'll waste half an hour of your first morning but you can change them, have them adjusted, have them repaired, have them replaced if someone steals them (not an uncommon experience, so make sure your insurance covers it) and buy all the other bits and pieces you'll suddenly find you need at the resort trouble-free. And you don't have to lug the damned things around!

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Hire them at the resort. It'll waste half an hour of your first morning but you can change them, have them adjusted, have them repaired, have them replaced if someone steals them (not an uncommon experience, so make sure your insurance covers it) and buy all the other bits and pieces you'll suddenly find you need at the resort trouble-free. And you don't have to lug the damned things around!

Absolutely agree. And don't bother booking them online ahead of your visit in order to obtain discount. In many resorts you should be able to get the same discounts through a local guest card or similar. If you book ahead online you forego the opportunity to negotiate or shop around at the resort.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
If youre going to resorts of 3 vallees, La plagne, Les Arcs, Val D'Isere, Tignes then have a look at Edge to Edge in Crawley or Knock Hatch (Hailsham)

They fit you out in the shop and forward the replica order to their base in Aime La Plagne and then is delivered direct to your accomodations door - Good quality gear and less than half price if hired in resort plus if say boots not right and you have to hire some more they will refund the difference

Our group at new year used this service with no complaints

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here