Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Revenge of the Sith - some tasty titbits

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I prostrate and sacrifice myself upon the altar of eternal geekdom to bring you some interesting FACTS (well, I thought they were) regarding Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (courtesy of my Empire magazine which arrived this morning).

Thankfully scrapping the yawnworthy "trade embargo / tax disputes" opening to Episode I, the film will instead open with an enormous space battle which swoops over Coruscant, featuring tie fighters and some earlier but recognisable models of what will eventually develop into the X-wing fighters we all know and love from Episode IV. There will also be mile-long Imperial destroyers crashing all over the shop. The "look" of the film will be more in line with the originals, with a return to that dirty-worn in appearance of the ships rather than the shiny fantasy styles of Episodes I and II.

The far-reaching effects of the Clone Wars will revererbate around the galaxy, and the film will go all out to illustrate this. Episode III will feature more different planets than all the other 5 films put together, including Chewbacca's native planet, where you'll see him hanging with his hairy home boys.

The legendary first confrontation between Anakin and Obi-Wan will take place on a volcanic planet. Their violent lightsaber battle took months of choreography rehearsals between Hayden and Ewan to perfect, and it took 4 solid days to film. Anakin will be left for dead after falling into lava, but after being horribly disfigured, he survives and becomes Darth Vader (as we know). His black costume is essentially a giant lung that keeps him alive, although his horrifying injuries mean he is now more machine than man.

There are more elaborate lightsaber duels in this one than any of the other episodes, including another battle for Yoda. It is apparently darker and more grim than any of the others, as the power of the Dark Side falls and takes hold...

Dunno about you, but I'm quite moist.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Not gonna read that, hav'nt and will not watch ANY trailers, anytime it comes on TV I just MUTE and look away or turn over.

Done that for LOTR:ROTK and it made the whole film much better, no need for saying to ones self "oh yeah I saw this bit in one of those trailers so i know what happens next"

Its hard work but it makes it all that more FRESH when I'm sat in the cinema with £8 worth of sweats/popcorn and cola!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Cannot wait.

The ships will be less brand spanking new because they are moving into war time when they have to assemble them cheaply and quickly.

That is the explanation for why the ships look better in Phantom Menace etc then in A New Hope.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
crawl.gif

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Easy 10 said:
Yup...May 19th I believe.

Sweet, films over here get released really late. We have just had Hellboy and finding neverland is about to be released. Have you had Alexander by Oliver Stone in england yet? Thats out next week in japan, its very annoying. But means you can buy the DVD off amazon.co.uk at the same time as its cinema release in Japan.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
After the abject crapness of episodes 1 and 2, I'm not gonna build my hopes up. That way I can only be pleasantly suprised.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
play Star Wars Battlefront to check out the new planets :)

online and patched up for maximum buzz !

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The biggest let down in my cinema history was the 3rd Matrix film which I thought was the biggest pile of SHITE I have ever seen. (the best charactor Morpheous is the tea boy, the fight scenes had been done to death and the Plot? God help us.

My Fear is that Star Wars III will claim that unenviable trophy. Lets hope not my very young apprentices...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here