Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radio request shows. What is it with the messages??

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Had the misfortune to listen for a short while to some show on Radio 2 this morning. People calling, emailing, etc. with requests and messages for "loved ones".

"Please tell my lovely wife Doris that I love her very much. We have been married for 40 years and she is the light of my life". That sort of crap. Tell her yourself, you stupid old bastard. I (and the rest of radio land) have absolutely no interest whatsoever in hearing the message over the airwaves. That kind of stuff is personal between yourself and your lady wife and frankly the rest of us could not give a flying feck.

Why can't they just play music without all of these pointless, cringeworthy messages? Drives me mad!

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Had the misfortune to listen for a short while to some show on Radio 2 this morning. People calling, emailing, etc. with requests and messages for "loved ones".

"Please tell my lovely wife Doris that I love her very much. We have been married for 40 years and she is the light of my life". That sort of crap. Tell her yourself, you stupid old bastard. I (and the rest of radio land) have absolutely no interest whatsoever in hearing the message over the airwaves. That kind of stuff is personal between yourself and your lady wife and frankly the rest of us could not give a flying feck.

Why can't they just play music without all of these pointless, cringeworthy messages? Drives me mad!

This - my fella used to do radio and he always says this - why can't they just tell them themselves.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] are you ok? :kiss:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK

Listening to Radio 2 even misfortunately is a seriously bad reflection on you my lad. Change your radio buttons or indeed your radio.

Music radio in the UK is p!sh.

Agree with the sentiments though.

TNBA

TTF

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Always makes me laugh when a caller asks the dj to say happy birthday to their partner, the dj asks "where is your partner", "sitting next to me" says the caller. Why ffs.

Don't diss Radio 2 - it is far better than the alternatives such as Fart FM - local radio for the whole country with only the adverts different for a lot of the time. Agree that it loses it's way on Sundays and that the dedications on Steve Wright's show do generally make one want to vomit.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I usually listen to Smooth which is on 102.2 in my local area but it is now a nationwide station for us oldies but does the frequency change like when we drive up to Liverpool will it stay on 102.2FM all of the way.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Don't diss Radio 2 - it is far better than the alternatives such as Fart FM - local radio for the whole country with only the adverts different for a lot of the time. Agree that it loses it's way on Sundays and that the dedications on Steve Wright's show do generally make one want to vomit.

Heart makes me want to mutilate people, truly horrible radio.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Listening to Radio 2 even misfortunately is a seriously bad reflection on you my lad. Change your radio buttons or indeed your radio.

TNBA

TTF

Exactly with knobs on !!!

Internet radio is an absolute God send for me.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

TNBA

TTF

My sincere apologies. Won't be doing it again!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I need to get internet radio for the car that's for sure!

I have a Nokia N8 with a 2.5 gb internet data allowance per month. I regularly play internet radio through the car stereo via the built in FM transmitter in the N8. Most days I play it through a boogie box out in the garden at work too :) Suits me down to the ground :thumbsup:

I remember one sappy Radio 1 morning DJ pleading with his own wife on live airwaves, and playing her tunes (the particularly cringeworthy 'Honey I miss You' by Bobby Goldsboro) as he gave it the weepy "come back Tessa" to his equally sappy missus.

A definite facepalm moment

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean

Yeah the whole idea is mildly cretinous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here