Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-season training

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
With per-season in full swing, I hope all WSU sth's are now deep in to their fitness routines to ready themselves for the new season and those stairs!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Must say mine isn't. no access to the required volumes of Harveys here in Scotland. Looks like I will be totally unprepared for the new season. May have to have a bit of last minute 'training' in the Lansdown before the first home match.

TNBA

TTF

tgretton87

Shoreham Beach Seagull#2
Jul 30, 2011
I love my seat I love the view the atmosphere everything about the west upper. But its a little heart breaking getting off a packed train walking over the bridge through the gates to be faced with those stairs.

But saying that I wouldnt have it any other way.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
agree,remember last year,first few games bloody boiling too

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I'm getting on a bit, so might take them two at a time, instead of three :wink:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I guess some of them of downgraded their 'Steps' routine to the East Upper this year.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm looking forward to seeing how many fat Chelsea fans make it without keeling over.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Just me that barely notices the steps then?!

Bloody show off!

Come on, when do any of us ever get to climb up 93 stairs when there's no footie on.

I'll start off with staggering up them at the first game and gradually get up to speed over the next few games. Main thing is to pace yourself.

Plenty of times I've started off and loads of "fit" young blokes have sprinted past me ( fit as in athletic, not whooaar fit!). Then when I've got a few more turns further up, they're all leaning against the wall puffing and blowing, while I just walk straight on past them.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Bloody show off!

Come on, when do any of us ever get to climb up 93 stairs when there's no footie on.

I'll start off with staggering up them at the first game and gradually get up to speed over the next few games. Main thing is to pace yourself.

Plenty of times I've started off and loads of "fit" young blokes have sprinted past me ( fit as in athletic, not whooaar fit!). Then when I've got a few more turns further up, they're all leaning against the wall puffing and blowing, while I just walk straight on past them.

And that's AFTER you've popped back out for a cigarette!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Just me that barely notices the steps then?!

Nope :thumbsup:
I think it's 123 from the entrance I use to the WSU concourse, then another 40 or so up to my seat?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Bloody show off!

I run up them every time :shrug:

No, don't get to climb 93 steps very often, but often walk on the downs :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here