Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth V Milan

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I though that C@@t had his bell confiscated.:shrug:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Getting on my nerves how all the "experts" in the build up to this game were banging on about how Milan would cope with Portsmouth's antiquated stadium and crappy facilities.

Honestly, we're talking about one of the giants of the world game here, I'm sure Milan haven't won all the European trophies they have done without having to slum a few games in the continent's less attractive outposts during the early rounds, over the years.

Crumbling, decrepit stadium, hordes of densely packed, one-eyed, six-fingered, slow-witted locals, all baying moronically to the sound of a lone bell ringing, followed by that unending sense of gratitude when you finally finish the game and are allowed to return to civilisation? Surely Fratton Park's no different to an away game at Dynamo Tirana, or Steaua Bucharest, for example?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
imagine looking forward to this game for weeks and then sitting in front of the bell ringer.:shootself

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
They've moved the bell ringer from his old seat at the home end of the ground to one right next to the away supporters!
Something to make the Pompey away day even more fun for travelling fans :glare:
Would rather sit in the away stand at Withdean than next to that c*ck
maybe not!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Fooking cracking atmosphere there tonight, mind. Wish we could have some of that for our home games. :(

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
You've got to hand it to them.That gyppo bell ringer is in fact a respected businessman or something.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
imagine looking forward to this game for weeks and then sitting in front of the bell ringer.:shootself

Bells, eh, now I think about it, no wonder Tony Adams was so keen on the job...

1998-03-12=Hunchback_of_Notre_Dame.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Getting on my nerves how all the "experts" in the build up to this game were banging on about how Milan would cope with Portsmouth's antiquated stadium and crappy facilities.

Honestly, we're talking about one of the giants of the world game here, I'm sure Milan haven't won all the European trophies they have done without having to slum a few games in the continent's less attractive outposts during the early rounds, over the years.

Crumbling, decrepit stadium, hordes of densely packed, one-eyed, six-fingered, slow-witted locals, all baying moronically to the sound of a lone bell ringing, followed by that unending sense of gratitude when you finally finish the game and are allowed to return to civilisation? Surely Fratton Park's no different to an away game at Dynamo Tirana, or Steaua Bucharest, for example?

Oh Edna, do I detect a feeling of despair at ones fellow man ?.. I know you tend to end up dealing with the dregs, as it were, but surely to tar all the good cousins in Pompey as" 6 fingered and one eyed ".. slap on wrist or take a Taser on the behind :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You've got to hand it to them.That gyppo bell ringer is in fact a respected businessman or something.

No he`s a smelly bookseller but carry on. (thats according to my Pompey mate )

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
No he`s a smelly bookseller but carry on. (thats according to my Pompey mate )

haha maybe but thats a respected businessman to your average Parmpey builder (who told me)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I love Edna's disdain for Pompey. Long may they enjoy further success in order that there can be more posts like this.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well, there's almost no point in thinking these thoughts about Palace, is there, as there's no danger of them troubling the greats of the game in the imminent future.

Pompey, on the other hand, are a gross miscarriage of footballing justice as far as I'm concerned, not only are they somehow managing to hold down a place in the English footballing elite, but thanks to (Man United apart) the easiest/luckiest run to a cup final EVER, now find themselves in Europe, AND to top it all, we have to follow every excruciating second, in miniscule detail, on Meridian TV and/or BBC South Today. I cling to the hope that Gaydamak will take his dubious fortune back to wherever it came from, that their new stadium either never materialises or turns their famous atmosphere into something akin to the Madejski, and that Tony Adams fulfils his earlier managerial promise by leading Pompey back to their rightful place, scratching around the bottom end of the Championship.

Bitter? Hell YES I am. I LOVE a good rant of an evening :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would quite happily trade Tony for Micky. No idea whether he is any good yet, but he certainly looks the part dancing about the management box. When did we lasdt see one of our coaching staff to be so animated?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Agree Edna but fantastic if they stuff Milan.It's been coming to be honest.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the fucks have scored

:thud::rant:

To be honest BoF, Adams (T) may yet turn out to be OK, but my lasting memory of him is seeing him stood on the Withdean touchline, losing 4-0, having a man sent off, and looking completely and utterly clueless about what to do next. I shall reserve judgement on him, no matter what the slum-dwellers do tonight.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Perhaps our 'wingers' might have taken note from Pompey's goal that balls onto the six-yard line about six feet in the air are required for Forster and Murray to nod in, as defenders and the goalkeeper just hate them due to the uncertainty they cause :annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here