Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Personalised numberplates - What do you think?

Personalised numberplates?

• If you have the money, why not use it

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Only if it was particularly special, such as DAV 1D

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • It's tacky

Votes: 24 38.7%
  • Don't care / Other (specify)

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The personalised ones are OK, even though some of them are ridiculously cryptic.
The numberplates that always make me laugh, point, and aim general derisory remarks at are those SHITE "chinese style" numberplates where all the numbers and letters are written in tacky brush-strokes. Guaranteed to be strapped to some shitty Vauxhall Nova with foglamps, tinted windows and spoilers, and driven by some spotty twat wearing a baseball cap backwards.

Last edited:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
on a decent car its good. was tempted to get 1 when i got my first car until people pointed out how stupid it would look!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It does make you stand out but that's not always such a good thing, the Police tend to remember such things, especially on a decent car.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've got a BHA one - I think the actual plates are still sitting under my bed - haven't got round to getting it sorted out.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
bha 978 on my car :clap2: :clap2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personalised in your name: tacky, Del-Boy Essex type behaviour.

Albion related: marvellous, and a fitting tribute to the club.

I can't stand women driving around with TR4 CEY and the like on their cars. Or flash old guys in ageing Jags with MB 2 on.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
A mate of mine was thinking about doing it, think its one of them things were if your really in to cars and got the money then do it!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I think the best one I've seen was on a very flash Ferrari, and basically spelt out 'I see you looking', something like ICUL0KN.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Useful if you've got a run of the mill car . At least you can pick yours out.

The ones that actually spell something , like the Ferrari that had T00 51OW (too slow) or FU2 are great, if you can afford them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here