Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One week on from Flamer YES! ....and nothing

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I find this lack of news on the Stadium building disturbing....surely the diggers should be moving in by now. Where's the ticket news? :dunce: :p :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The first task is to raise necessary funds and comprehensively plan the stadium. Select the contractors engineers etc. Plan for a response to a judicial review if there was to be one.

The board stated that there are no plans to put soil to earth unti lthis time next year.

Don't panic. Dont panic

jones.JPG

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's made my trade press - QS Week.

Well done to Jon and the team at Currie & Brown for getting it in there.

"Seagulls score with stadium go ahead"

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club has finally got the green light for its new £50 million stadium, for which Currie & Brown is the QS.

The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister gave the go ahead for the 23,000-seat stadium last Friday. BHAFC chief executive Martin Perry said tender documents for the ground, to be built in the city’s northern Falmer district, are expected to be ready early next year.

The move ends eight years of planning wrangles that have left the Championship side, known as the Seagulls, kicking its boot heels at its temporary home of Withdean Stadium, also in Brighton.

Perry told QS Week that he would probably project manage the KSS-designed scheme himself: “I used to be a director of special projects at Alfred McAlpine and I was involved with Huddersfield’s stadium,” he explained.

Perry said BHAFC was seeking suitors for sponsorship deals and the naming rights to the stadium, which he hoped would be completed in time for the 2008-2009 season.

“This is the first step to the Premiership,” said Perry.

BarrelofFun said:
The board stated that there are no plans to put soil to earth unti lthis time next year.

Don't panic. Dont panic

Soil to earth? What is this stadium going to be made of? Surely this is cause for panic.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
f***ing HELL

I drove past Falmer the other day and there was nothing, not even a turnstile.

Where's our f***ing stadium Knight you bastard. Prescott said we could have it and it isn't there yet.

We don't have time to FANNY about. Get it up NOW.

If I don't see some progress by tomorrow I'm going down there myself in the fiesta and I'll start drawing out the centre circle with spray paint.

SNORT IT OUT

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Bluejuice said:
f***ing HELL

I drove past Falmer the other day and there was nothing, not even a turnstile.

Where's our f***ing stadium Knight you bastard. Prescott said we could have it and it isn't there yet.

We don't have time to FANNY about. Get it up NOW.

If I don't see some progress by tomorrow I'm going down there myself in the fiesta and I'll start drawing out the centre circle with spray paint.

SNORT IT OUT

:lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bluejuice said:

SNORT IT OUT

That actually would be brilliant, mark out the football pitch , or do it can a crop circle thingy, that would really get up the noses of the residents, if of course they ever see it, being miles away

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
gazwag said:
That actually would be brilliant, mark out the football pitch , or do it can a crop circle thingy, that would really get up the noses of the residents, if of course they ever see it, being miles away

I think they've suffered enough don't you? I personally think the club should invite all the NIMBYs to the first game at Falmer. Whether they would come or not is another thing. But it would put the lid on a perfect campaign by the club and fans. Also, I think spraypainting someone elses property could be seen as criminal damage - lets not give out Falmer friends any ammunition.

johnnyjetlag

Jul 26, 2004
Anybody know anything about webcams? I'd be great if one or two were set up around the site so that we could follow progress - even if it means looking at a bunch of sheep for 12 months!

:sheep:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
johnnyjetlag said:
Anybody know anything about webcams? I'd be great if one or two were set up around the site so that we could follow progress - even if it means looking at a bunch of sheep for 12 months!

:sheep:
Good Idea maybe we should ask the club.

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
I'm still celebrating......probably a bit naff, but, it had to be done]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

A new number Plate

And a drink in The Swan

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
BarrelofFun said:
The first task is to raise necessary funds and comprehensively plan the stadium. Select the contractors engineers etc. Plan for a response to a judicial review if there was to be one.

Don't panic. Dont panic

jones.JPG

You mean they haven't had this planned yet FFS

fink

Mar 15, 2004
not far away
Re: Re: One week on from Flamer YES! ....and nothing

Sigull said:
I'm still celebrating......probably a bit naff, but, it had to be done]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

A new number Plate

And a drink in The Swan

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

:clap: :clap: :lolol: :lolol:

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
you mean its not going to be ready for the palace game? :eek:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Goring Gull said:
You mean they haven't had this planned yet FFS

The stadium will have been planned but I presume their will be alterations before it is built ie comprehensively

Raising the capital, they would have sniffed out the loans etc. they then need to put that into action and get investors in line.

They would wait anyway should a judicial review crop up.

I didnt mean that they just had a pretty picture of the proposed stadium. I should have been clearer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here