Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham 1-1 Brighton - Oldham 0-2 Referee

RockyLatic

Aug 6, 2003
Glorious North (I think)
we got cheated, big time

ONE RULE FOR ONE ANOTHER FOR THEM!

6,600 my backside, every home end was packed

firstly, Brighton's keeper took out Vernon near us lot in the paddock, he should have been booked at least, but nope the ref didnt have any of it.....ok I thought he's let them off now he'll let us off.

Not the case Brighton got a Penalty out of absolutely nothing, it hit his *** not his arm. sent pog's the wrong way.

then the next goal, a missed shot by the brighton player, what......corner.....how on earth did he get a corner from that, Brighton scored

2-0 to the referee.

brightons 3rd goal was fair enough

Sheridan got headbutted

Nidwa (spelling) was being tugged all game, he reacted in the second half and got booked.

sad news about will haining he went to the corner near the chaddy/pukka and just went down....i was getting a drink and got told this

absolutely gutting news

never heard referee your a ***er so loud since Brentford of last year (clattenburg) ref was a disgrace

chaddy end outsang the brighton lot all game who has to be said were very quiet saying they were 3-0 up

bottle was thrown at the ref from the chaddy, no doubt he'll report that

absolutely gutting, didnt seem to think latics, although we were marginally the better side

over all Latics 1-1 Brighton - Latics 0-2 Referee

never felt like running on the pitch and hitting someone before but today, I dont think I was alone.

shocking stuff

ref ruined what could have been a good game

well done to all those latics who stayed to the end to clap the lads off!

at least we still have a team but ref if your car gets smashed to peices and you end up in Oldham hospital......I wont be surprised!

ref kept looking to his linesman all the time

you'll be up there or there abouts but you'll have to improve!

big thanks to the brighton fans on coaches who did bucket collections:clap:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
We had a lot of dodgy decisions against us last season, so it's nice to get one in our favour for a change. I was listening on the radio and they couldn't believe we got a penalty either.

Good luck for the rest of the season though.

Been there, done that about 10 times last season. Wait till you get Steve Bennett 2 weeks running or Mr Prosser then we might sympathise.

PS - was this your first game as you seem very naive about the way football works. Whinge about it on your own board for a couple of days and then get over it. It happens to everyone

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
You whinger it happens to every team somewhere along the line and thats the way it is:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

O you bet we will improve as its the 1st game:clap2: :drink: :drink: :drink:

3-1 to the albionnnnnnnnnnnnn:clap:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
can I claim that 1-1 scoreline for ptb?

Stevie coppells on radio now and he's saying that the result 'flattered us'.

Still, we'll take the 3 points- we were f***ed over enough times last year.

RockyLatic

Aug 6, 2003
Glorious North (I think)
ask turkey what it was like or anyone WHO WENT!

hearing and seeing are two very different words:angry:

needless to say no one went for a pie at half time before the ref went off:censored:

RockyLatic

Aug 6, 2003
Glorious North (I think)
Re: Re: Oldham 1-1 Brighton - Oldham 0-2 Referee

Danny Seagull said:
Our fans sounded quite loud to me, they were drowning out the commentator with Sussex by the Sea when we were 3 up!
one song that you seemed to sing all the time, acoustics in the rocky road end are good, and you were loud, but i'm on about overall!

so many ten minute gaps without a noise being uttered!

nevermind, our pick n mix team will do o.k:clap:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
RockyLatic said:
ask turkey what it was like or anyone WHO WENT!

hearing and seeing are two very different words:angry:

needless to say no one went for a pie at half time before the ref went off:censored:

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :drink:

I can sympathise with you Rocky, the referee today sounded absolutely abysmal. What a :censored: ! I'd rather we won fair and square, unprofessionals like that just ruin games but as everyone else has said, the amount of bad refereeing decisions that went against us last season was shocking, we deserve a bit of luck!

RockyLatic

Aug 6, 2003
Glorious North (I think)
thats the way football is though danny, it could be like that in our favour next week and we get all the decisions.

or it could be against you next week.

Just seemed after everything thats happened to us this summer the ref kicked us in the balls.

but hey, least we have a team:smokin:

i'll let turkey do his report or someone who went!???

least there's one decent fan who can talk about it (and it's not berk):jester:

RockyLatic said:
thats the way football is though danny, it could be like that in our favour next week and we get all the decisions.

or it could be against you next week.

Just seemed after everything thats happened to us this summer the ref kicked us in the balls.

but hey, least we have a team:smokin:

i'll let turkey do his report or someone who went!???

least there's one decent fan who can talk about it (and it's not berk):jester:

By talk about it I take it you mean agree with you. As I said before, trying having a referee give 2 very soft penalties against you in the last 10 minutes and then accuse you of being racist with no proof and no-one to back him up (Prosser). Or the same referee give a very soft penalty against you two weeks running (Bennett). Or a disabled referee who obviously only got the job because of equal rights send off your winger for diving when he has been scythed down by a professional foul. (Halifax at home 3 years ago) Or let Guy Branston get away with 7 or 8 clear yellow card offences and only book him once. Or give 5 penalties in a match (4 against). Or book 10 Exeter players in one game without sending one off. Or having Richard Barker literally bear hugged to the floor but no penalty given because we'd already been given one. And those are just off of the top of my head.

While I wish your club all the best for the future, let me tell you how it works - on a Brighton messageboard, we like to talk about Brighton winning. We'll laugh because the ref was dodgy because, like most supporters, we feel like we are hard done by referees. We laugh at Palace getting 2 players sent off and Orient losing 3-1 at home to some carrot crunchers. You go to an Oldham messageboard and whinge about the referee till your hearts content. Then next week a referee does something else stupid and we start again.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
The Great Cornholio said:
While I wish your club all the best for the future, let me tell you how it works - on a Brighton messageboard, we like to talk about Brighton winning. We'll laugh because the ref was dodgy because, like most supporters, we feel like we are hard done by referees. We laugh at Palace getting 2 players sent off and Orient losing 3-1 at home to some carrot crunchers. You go to an Oldham messageboard and whinge about the referee till your hearts content. Then next week a referee does something else stupid and we start again.

BLOODY WELL SAID.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well put Cornholio .

It's a hard crowd to be preaching to Rocky, too many memories of previous atrocities against our side. Remember, we just got relegated so all last season's poor ref decisions are magnified by our resulting fate.

It sounds like you were hard-done-by, but we'll take the points thankyouverymuch :thumbsup: :cheers: :banana:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here