Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T PSP Question

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
I know I'd be better of sticking this on a PSP forum, but a) they are full of scary geeks that I can't understand, and b) for some reason NSC is the only forum I can access thanks to websense type software.

But I digress.

I have a PSP, and carelessly upgraded the firmware within to 1.52. I want to get into all the homebrew stuff (megadrive games and the like) but to do so, I will need to get hold of some kind of downgrader. Im worried about breaking my PSP, so if anyone can recommend a downgrader that works, or can point me in the right direction, I shall be eternally grateful.

Ooh - and feel free to discuss the impending release of Pro Evo, or how the Nintendo has better quality games till your hearts content.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
If you upgrade to 2.0, theres a downgrader that brings you back down to 1.5 to let you play homebrew. However, I've never heard of a working 1.5.2->1.5 one

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Can I buy a psp cheaper when I go to the us in January and should I make sure it is a PAL version?

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
NOt sure how much cheaper they are in America but games are not region coded. The UMD movies are though, so if you just want to play games your fine.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
culvers said:
NOt sure how much cheaper they are in America but games are not region coded. The UMD movies are though, so if you just want to play games your fine.

The games will be region encoded soon

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Ok, cheers, I'm going to show my complete ignorance now and ask if ps one and two games can be played on the psp.

don't laugh too much :lolol:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
munster monch said:
Ok, cheers, I'm going to show my complete ignorance now and ask if ps one and two games can be played on the psp.

don't laugh too much :lolol:

NO the discs are totally different, aboiut half the size.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Im worried about the bricking... so to speak. But the risk seems difficult to quantify if you do a few google searches...

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
From what I can gather the risk is minimal if you follow the instructions of a reputable downgrader to the letter.

However it still scares me and the thought of making £180 worth of hardware completely redundant makes me feel a bit queasy.

There's no guarantee you'd ever get it working again and Sony aren't likely to fix it for you if you've f***ed about with it.

Check both of these places for further info:
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000410060754/
http://www.psp-vault.com/module-pnForum-viewtopic-topic-2451.psp

Or

Get one of these instead:

http://gbax.com/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here