Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] National Album Day

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It’s National Album Day today, themed with great British artists.

What’s your go to default album when you can’t quite decide what you want to listen to?

I usually end up listening to Marillion’s Misplaced Childhood.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It varies over time. I tend to get stuck listening to one album continually for weeks, even months. It was This Could Be Texas by English Teacher and it's currently Sucker by Ian Sweet.

If you asked me what my favourite most-played albums are, I'd have to include The Decline by British Sea Power, a highly eccentric debut album full of great tunes and brilliant lyrics. It also reminds me of seeing their wild early shows.

My 'go to' album when I get home from a night on the shandy is Closer by Joy Division (because I'm a happy chap). I seriously think it's one the greatest albums ever made, almost more high art than music.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Marauder by Blackfoot
Camembert Electrique by Gong
Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars by Bowie.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Give 'em Enough Rope by The Clash
LA Woman by The Doors
Setting Sons by The Jam
Help by The Beatles

Depending on where I am or how I'm feeling

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't listen to it very often but Born to Run is exceptional. But that's American....

So...limiting to one album per artist, and amaximum of 10 picks (I mean, come on....)

Caravan - For girls who grow plump in the night
Elvis Costello - This Year's Model
Chameleons - Script of the Bridge
Comsat Angels - Sleep no more
Modern Eon - Fiction Tales
Joy Division - Still
Hatfied and the North - Rotters club
The Clash - Sandinista
Matching Mole - Matching Mole
Soft Machine - Bundles

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can’t say I have any moments where I can’t decide which album to listen to…I listen to around 4 a day most days….but my two favourite British albums are London Calling and Beggars Banquet

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
My daughter is visiting Warwick today. She's not impressed with the Concrete Jungle of Coventry
After what little was left of Coventry when Jerry had finished , the chance was there to create a very modern city unfortunately concrete was the "very modern material" - hence sh!thole , great shame . Cathedral has fantastic acoustics though apparently .

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
If i need to calm down it would be Ommadawn -Mike Oldfield or maybe Oxygen or Equinoxe -Jean Michel Jarre . If i am wired it would be Wish You Were Here , otherwise it would be Animals or maybe some E.L.O. .

To HWT , my choice would be Armed Forces - Elvis Costello (y)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here