eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
whale999rx.gif

:lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats the 3rd time i've seen this and it wasn't funny the first time.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
Thats the 3rd time i've seen this and it wasn't funny the first time.

I laughed too. Some people have absolutely no sense of humour.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
My hungover flatmates and I watched the 'rescue' for almost an hour until I threatened to lob the TV out of the window unless the channel was changed!

It cost a £100,000. What a complete waste of money. BUT, they had to didn't they? Imagine what the reaction would have been if they'd just left it?

It was a whale, which went the wrong way and died. Big deal. The spoof BBC piece is totally spot on.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Maybe if I see this often enough I'll laugh, but I don't think I will.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
They should've just harpooned it. Alot more fun for much less money.

:nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Spielberg said:
They should've just harpooned it. Alot more fun for much less money.

:nono:
I'd have just sliced off it's fin and passed it off as a shark fin and given it to a Japanese restaurant. They could have then just strung up the remainder of the carcus at the mouth of the Thames as a warning to other thick Whales to what would happen if they took the wrong turning up the river. Perhaps cut it's head off first?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I think the article's a bit insensitive, but I did laugh at the links round the edge. It's a good spoof at least.

Though I would sooner throw money at a Whale rescue attempt than Diana's funeral or memorial shite

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Bluejuice said:
I think the article's a bit insensitive, but I did laugh at the links round the edge. It's a good spoof at least.

Though I would sooner throw money at a Whale rescue attempt than Diana's funeral or memorial shite

Hardly mate. I'm no Diana fan by a very, very long chalk but she did actually do a few worthwhile things. Land mines etc.

The whale took a wrong turn, struggled for a bit, and died. Did that whale actually do anything of note? Er, no.

I know Diana was no angel but comparing her to a whale rescue is a bit off the mark, and missing the point.

Humans are more important than animals.

*awaits some wishy washy tree hugger to hop on their ecologically friendly soap box*

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
eastlondonseagull said:
It's talking about the mass hysteria surrounding both 'events'. Diana did some good deeds, but the mass 'mourning' was nauseating.

Damn straight.

Diana was sad. For me, it was sadder when Curtis Mayfield died because he meant something to me personally although I'd never met him. I raised a glass in his honour and played 'Move On Up'. Job done.

The squillions of people who grieved as if Di was one of their own was positively disgusting. Associated grief is vacuous and sad.

When Fiver gets it in Watership Down, on the other hand, that's it for me :cry:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here