Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Over rated Player

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kuipers for me - Fantastic shot stopper but not so good as a all round goalkeeper - People View him with rose tinted glasses at times.

Carole - Quick, Skillfull but greedy on the ball and failed to put in a decent cross most the time and tried to beat the same man 3 or 4 times.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
LK in the Championship. Thread closed :lolol:

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hammond.

Always thought Crumplin was shit, never understood how he could get leg-end status.

Harding (only by Managers though it seems)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Funny, I think Carole was underreated and people forget about his form in the first half of the season because he faded as it went on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Kinky Gerbils said:
Kuipers for me - Fantastic shot stopper but not so good as a all round goalkeeper - People View him with rose tinted glasses at times.

Carole - Quick, Skillfull but greedy on the ball and failed to put in a decent cross most the time and tried to beat the same man 3 or 4 times.
Neither of them are brilliant players, and nor is Virgo. The only player we've had in the last decade who really is top class is Bobby Zamora. Incidentally, you'll notice that he's getting a run in the team in Ashton's absence and has scored 3 in 2 games.

I still stand by my comment during his dark days - that I'd rather have Zamora than Defoe.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Commander said:

Always thought Crumplin was shit, never understood how he could get leg-end status.

i think it was more the irony of the statement that the actual fact

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Currently - Henderson. I just don't see how he is considered Championship class let alone international.

Also Jake. His first touch is generally apalling and he has no bottle.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
kazim richards

Stumpy Tim

Jeff Minton - always thought he was toss.

Interesting comments about Henderson. Haven't seen him play, but I've lost count of the number of goals he's conceded where he's pushed the ball out back into the middle of the penalty area - Rule 1 is that keepers are supposed to push the ball away from the goal

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Stumpy Tim said:
Interesting comments about Henderson. Haven't seen him play, but I've lost count of the number of goals he's conceded where he's pushed the ball out back into the middle of the penalty area - Rule 1 is that keepers are supposed to push the ball away from the goal

True in principle, but a lot of those cases described are actually superb reaction saves from one-on-ones ... I can't remember any cases of him spilling long shots in front of him.

Interestingly, Kuipers did just that on Wednesday and it was described as an "absolutely fantastic save".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here