Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MacBook hiccup help

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Dear all,

My 3 year old MacBook has just packed up. As far as I can tell all of the software is fine. It is just the port that takes the power pack jack that is broken. It went down about a week ago, briefly flickered back into life and has now gone completely. In the time that it was working I used more than one power pack so I have ruled out the pack being the problem.

Has anybody had this problem before and got it fixed? If so, where did you go, what did it cost and how long did it take?

Grateful for any help or advice. I'm lost without my laptop. My thumbs are too fat for this sodding BlackBerry.

Thanks.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Book a space in the apple shop for free then they will have a look and either sort it out for free or tell you how much it will cost. I took mine in as my power pack was broken and they gave me one for free so I would say go there first defiantly.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Had exactly the same problem with my MacBook. Bought an external battery charger and, eventually, a second hand MacBook Pro.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Thanks all. Have booked an appointment at my local store (Kingston) for tomorrow.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Thanks all. Have booked an appointment at my local store (Kingston) for tomorrow.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on as I might get my identical MacBook problem sorted...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Good luck. Let us know how you get on as I might get my identical MacBook problem sorted...

I'll let you know how it goes. Cost will be the thing. I may dangle them the prospect of buying a Time Capsule if they don't stiff me with the repair.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
My daughter's was in the shop over the holidays for the same thing.. It's an Achilles' heel, I gather, of the design. They fixed it for free -- 24 hours -- under the extended AppleCare process. (It's expensive, but she's a student and accident-prone.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here