Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keisuke Honda

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In Russia, according to Lineker.

Or maybe that was just to set up Harry Redknapp's Bentley joke.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Class act.

I started playing as Japan on Fifa World Cup last week (after winning it many times with England of course). They have some class players :thumbsup:

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I think the central defensive partnership has been good for Japan too this world cup. wouldn't be surprised if a few from that team get biggish moves this summer

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With apologies to Harry Redknapp, Honda would make a cracking midfield with David Bentley and Jody Morris. And Ka-Ka

:jester:

Oct 25, 2003
japan have impressed me throughout, they're passing is top notch, they're fairly solid at the back and they're all athletic as f*** (what is it about that part of the world that makes them able to produce footballers with about 8 lungs?!)

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The Japanese(and South Koreans) have superb energy and concentration levels and I expect they have trained more with this ball than the European and African teams which showed in the quality of their free kicks - Honda and Endo were brilliant and the Danes were never at the races, Honda could become the next world superstar and I expect Real Madrid and Barcelona are already on the case. I would also expect Chelsea with their Russian connections to be in with a shout

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I remember the last Japanese 'superstar' Hidetoshi Nakata, had the same Ginger hair as Honda and where did he end up, Fiorentina and Bolton. Mind you if Real Madrid could sign that numpty right back from west ham than anything is possible!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
He is top notch, and compared to some of the other Japanese players I think he knows it. Great name as well! Even Harry Redknapp couldn't resist a Bentley/Honda swap joke.

Oct 25, 2003
I remember the last Japanese 'superstar' Hidetoshi Nakata, had the same Ginger hair as Honda and where did he end up, Fiorentina and Bolton. Mind you if Real Madrid could sign that numpty right back from west ham than anything is possible!

and roma where he won the league

playing for bolton during the allardyce era at the end of your career isn't to be frowned upon if you look at who else did it

nakata was class

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
f*** honda it's all about ENDO.

Despite being the superstar of Japanese football I've not taken to Honda. he's not a patch on Nakata, or even Nakamura, IM(slightly biased)O.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
In Russia, according to Lineker.

Or maybe that was just to set up Harry Redknapp's Bentley joke.

I thought it was Redknapp who said he played in Russia and as part of the joke. Did make me laugh. Almost as good as the last world cup when China let a free kick in and Venables said of all people, you think the chinese would know how to construct a wall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here