Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jaws released on Blu Ray In September

Aug 21, 2011
Cant wait, one of my greatest movies, still brilliant today looking forward to how it looks on Blu ray . pre ordered special edition steel book case.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Surely if it was originated on cine film, it can't be in high def or whatever Blu-Ray is? Not up on the transfer technology, so if someone is, perhaps they can fill me in? Ta...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Surely if it was originated on cine film, it can't be in high def or whatever Blu-Ray is? Not up on the transfer technology, so if someone is, perhaps they can fill me in? Ta...

Well it can't be in "HD" in the sense that only applies to digital technology. Film is analogue but able to capture masses of detail.

So it will be able to be transferred to an HD digital format very nicely, in fact some of the detail will have to thrown away.

May 17, 2011
1066 country
The scariest film of all time, The exorcist,saw,phsyco,nightmare on elm not a touch on it. i remember seeing it when i was 8 at the cinema in Rye. (no longer there) & i used to love the sea. It put me off going in the sea for 34years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Well it can't be in "HD" in the sense that only applies to digital technology. Film is analogue but able to capture masses of detail.

So it will be able to be transferred to an HD digital format very nicely, in fact some of the detail will have to thrown away.

Santa brought me Apocalypse Now Collectors Edition 'Blu Ray' at Xmas. Super impressive packaging, director's cut version, 'making of' disc and all the rest of it, but as for the movie itself, very little change in level of detail from VHS, so far as I could see. Still, it looked absolutely fantastic on a big digital telly, and I'm sure Jaws will too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Analogue conversion from film to digital format can resolve 4k2k so with current Blu Ray half the detail is lost as it displays on a full HDTV as 1920 x 1080p.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here