Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Independent article 28th April - Great reading

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Excellent article, I love the way Bilbao play but I've got a feeling they're gonna find it incredibly hard to keep their best players when the big boys come calling.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm off for there a long weekend on Thursday, hoping to catch their game with Getafe at the weekend. Only going there because of their spanking of Utd and wanting to catch a glimpse.
If i were to follow anything of the coach there it would be to make your time the madly fittest in the league. Barca close teams down as quickly as they can, but Bilboa's junior dynamos never stop trying or run out of gas so can find that extra yard near the end of games that some teams cannae find. If you can't buy success or be born blessed with it, you work for it, and that has to be a decent motto to follow. I'm looking forward to the match.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I'm off for there a long weekend on Thursday, hoping to catch their game with Getafe at the weekend. Only going there because of their spanking of Utd and wanting to catch a glimpse.
If i were to follow anything of the coach there it would be to make your time the madly fittest in the league. Barca close teams down as quickly as they can, but Bilboa's junior dynamos never stop trying or run out of gas so can find that extra yard near the end of games that some teams cannae find. If you can't buy success or be born blessed with it, you work for it, and that has to be a decent motto to follow. I'm looking forward to the match.

The Guggenheim is cool as are the Sir Norman Foster designed tube stations...but San Sebastian/Donostia up the road is a better city in my opinion...plus Sociedad play in blue and white stripes...what's not to like?

drew

Drew
NSC Patron
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The trouble with this is that reporters get taken to see the top games between the top teams and base their views on football on those experiences. For most football supporters that go and watch their own teams you see it from a totally different perspective. You want your team to win and that is even better if they play great football or score great goals. However, the reality for most is that they don't. Should we then stop following those clubs and just plant ourselves in front of the TV? Chelsea are inferior to Barcelona in terms of playing the beautiful game but Chelsea are in the final. Should they have submitted to some unwritten journalistic code that insists that the best two teams should be allowed to compete in the final. What would be the point of the competition then? Let's not have a league competition. At the start of the season, let the journalists decide who is the best team and award them the trophy. The rest of us can just spend the year playing friendlies.

As for blaming the clubs for the lack of interest I would suggest the press and the media in general should take a look at their own attitude to the Europa League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here