Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Important - Falmer letters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Stockport game on Saturday will be your last opportunity to submit a letter via the club to John Prescott, the Deputy Prime Minister, to ask him to pass the plans for the stadium at Falmer.

Every letter will help Mr Prescott understand that the weight of opinion for the stadium in the area, so please, please, if you haven't written a letter do so NOW.

All you have to say is, very simply, why you think the DPM should say YES to the club's new stadium. You should send your letter to Brighton & Hove Albion FC, North West Suite, Tower Point, 44 North Road, Brighton BN1 1YR. The deadline is the end of October.

Alternatively, hand your letter in to one of the two campaign tables at the game on Saturday. You can't miss the one in the North Stand. The South Stand table is on your right as you pass through the turnstiles.

We will also have pre-printed letters for supporters to sign on Saturday, but it really would be better if you wrote your own letter.

PLEASE make sure you come a few minutes earlier to the game than normal if you are going to sign letters at the ground. We have limited area and resources, and will not be able to cope with a huge rush just before kick-off. However, the tables will also be manned at half time. If it is raining then the South Stand table has a problem!!

Even if you have done nothing else to help in the Falmer campaign, please do this one thing -- and do it now.

Thank you.

Tim Carder
Falmer For All Campaign

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I've already submitted over 5 letters from people at work, 3 from family and my mates signed the petition. Gonna write out some last minute letters from my Grandparents in Essex and cousins/aunite/uncle in the USA just to add weight to it.

GET WRITING PEOPLE.......DO IT!

Elderly William

Jul 18, 2003
East Sussex
Prescott hates the Liberal Democrats.

Lewes District Council is LD controlled.

Norman Baker made an idiot of himself at the public enquiry. He is an LD.

2+2=4. Foregone conclusion.

Elderly.

what the government is against is commercial developments on greenfield sites. they are FAR more relaxed when it comes to sporting stadia - they do understand the importance of such facilities to the community.

this is an important process that will make the development bullet proof.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
singed every step of the way , wrote my own letter and got my mates to sign everything :angel:

The Public Inquiry is the final push in a battle WE CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE and all fans can help by writing a letter to the Deputy Prime Minister.

Letters to the Deputy Prime Minister

Supporters are asked to write to John Prescott, the Deputy Prime Minister, who is expected to make the ultimate decision. However, to avoid Mr Prescott receiving thousands of individual letters, the plan is for Falmer For All (FFA) team to present him with a file of letters from supporters of the community stadium. Therefore, return your letter to the Albion in one of the following ways:

- By post to Brighton and Hove Albion FC, Tower Point, 44 North Road, Brighton BN1 1YR
- In person to the Albion Club Shop, 6 Queens Road, Brighton
- In person to the Falmer Campaign tables at the remaining home matches this season.

What should I write?

You should address your letter (not your envelope) to the Deputy Prime Minister. But remember becaue the FFA team will be presenting Mr Prescott with all your letters, please do NOT send them directly to him.

Rt Hon. John Prescott MP
Deputy Prime Minister and Deputy Secretary of State
The Cabinet Office
Whitehall
London SW1A 2AS

You should also title your letter and mark it with the following reference:

Planning application for Brighton and Hove Community Stadium at Falmer Ref BH2001/02418/FP

Write in your own words why the city needs a modern community stadium at Falmer. We are all familiar with the arguments now, but you may like to mention that Falmer is the only feasible site in the city, that the stadium will provide a home for the city's professional football club, a local home for our national sport, that the stadium will bring huge economic, sporting and social benefits to the city, and that the stadium will help to increase civic pride in the city.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Not bothering - someone else will do it.

That's what you can't afford to say!!! I've done it, and I know you want to be like me, so do it now!

Duncan H said:
This isn't a new letter is it? I sent one to him (via the club) ages ago.
This is the same Write-a-Letter-to-Prescott Campaign that was running in the early summer.

The plan was always to wait until the end of the Public Inquiry and submit all of the letters in one go - in the run-up to Prescott considering the Inquiry Report.

The Inquiry ended today. So now is the last chance to add your letter to the many that are already being bundled up by the Falmer for All team.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
if they turn it down after saying yes to a flaming great ice rink, I will be extremely pissed off.

not that I have anything against ice skating, but it's something of a minority sport compared to football.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Any of you regularly attend the hearings?

As usual, the fcuking Arsegas publishes a letter from one of the 120 NIMBY shitheads who are determined to stop the new stadium being built.:angry:

Here's the letter (lifted from the mailing list) if any of you care to reply to the ArseGas.

The following letter, from June Plowman, East Street, Falmer, is on the Letters Page of today's Argus:

Own Goal

As a Falmer resident, I daily attend the public enquiry into the proposed football stadium and it has been interesting to see the level of support from Albion fans.

Despite a plea in a recent match programme asking fans to attend the inquiry to show the inspector how much a new stadium means to them, there were just two there last Friday and three on Tuesday.

This is the football club who told the inspector that they had a fan base of 22,000 and needed to leave Withdean because it can only hold 7,000.

Falmer Village has a population of just 120 yet we have more villagers attending the inquiry daily than fans.

I am sure the inspector is taking note of just how many are turning up to support both sides.

:salute::salute: :salute:

Maybe somebody should remind this twat that we aren't retired with time on our hands to attend the public inquiry every day. We all go out to work/school/college etc.

Last edited:

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
1c.jpg

Done my letter, spoke with John, sorted
:clap: :lolol: :clap: :drink:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Copied and pasted from a contributor on the official msg board and worth a try

planning.general@odpm.gsi.gov.uk

Have been mailing this address every week just to mention what a new stadium at falmer means to me...

marcia dean takes the time to reply and seems to know alot about the planning application.She tells me that all E-mail is recorded and shown to the relevent inspector...This could mean the bin but is worth a shot.

Send and send

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here