Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm sorry Barnes.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Now Im not one of barnes biggest fans, infact I've been wishing Gus would drop him since.................. well most of the season I guess.
But today I tried watching him in a different way than I have been all season & I can now see what 'other' things he brings to the team, like people have been saying for along time, today he had a bilinder thats even without the goal he scored.
So yh I will no longer be moaning about him, unless he has a really really bad game!!!

Next person on my list Is navarro.

Humbug

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Now Im not one of barnes biggest fans, infact I've been wishing Gus would drop him since.................. well most of the season I guess.
But today I tried watching him in a different way than I have been all season & I can now see what 'other' things he brings to the team, like people have been saying for along time, today he had a bilinder thats even without the goal he scored.
So yh I will no longer be moaning about him, unless he has a really really bad game!!!

I'm not sorry, He's redeemed himself to a certain extent but needs to keep this performance up now. Played well tonight and gets my vote of confidence for the time being.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
It's so weird because I can totally understand the why the casual footy fan doesn't want Barnes in the team.... BUT you have to look deeper than that. What really f***ing annoys me is people who I know understand football but still seem to miss things he has done like winning a defensive header in his own box to start a counter attack, but these people think a noone or a Buckley would!!!!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Great to hear the North Stand loudly singing his name tonight.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
I'm not sorry, He's redeemed himself to a certain extent but needs to keep this performance up now. Played well tonight and gets my vote of confidence for the time being.

I am sure we all will sleep better knowing that :wanker:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
As said numerous times before, Barnes overall play is fliipin brilliant, and now he is adding goals, what more do people want?

Out of interest, does anyone know the last time he was fully fit, and didn't start the game for us?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

I have changed my mind about Barnes of late.

Never been his biggest fan but he was good today, and has been good for a while now.

He definitely brings something to the team.

Deserves his place, and hope he could hear us singing his name in the North tonight.

Dec 29, 2011
Played ok tonight but didn't stand out any more than anyone else (everyone had a good game). I give the guy stick if he plays badly, I praise the guy when he plays well. Seems fair to me.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

???? pretty sure his name is pre printed on the team sheet each week. Hes been our most consitent player all season. Good enough for gus good enough for me.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

Credit where credits due, I thought Barnes was excellent tonight, and capped off with an excellent goal. I DO watch his game very closely every week, and still think he was poor against Ipswich and Cardiff dispite his goals, but I thought he was a lot better against Pomey without a goal, so its nice to finally say I thought he was excellent and he scored!! But one or two games isn't going to change my overall opinion though, but if he can turn performances like tonight in for the rest of the season, its going to be very hard to say anything against him.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Good to see he's starting to get the recognition he deserves.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I have changed my mind about Barnes of late.

Never been his biggest fan but he was good today, and has been good for a while now.

He definitely brings something to the team.

Deserves his place, and hope he could hear us singing his name in the North tonight.

This equals he has scored a couple of goals lately and people have started chanted his name so I think he is alright.

He has been playing the same way all season, except now popular opinion has it that he is quite good suddenly. I'm not blaming you alone as there are more than enough on this site who have slated Barnes but it is weird how he is now popular without any discernible change in the quality of his performances.
If it is not clear I rate Barnes and always have, as my arguments could equally be made by those with the opposite view point.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
This equals he has scored a couple of goals lately and people have started chanted his name so I think he is alright.

He has been playing the same way all season, except now popular opinion has it that he is quite good suddenly. I'm not blaming you alone as there are more than enough on this site who have slated Barnes but it is weird how he is now popular without any discernible change in the quality of his performances.
If it is not clear I rate Barnes and always have, as my arguments could equally be made by those with the opposite view point.

Not sure I take your point entirely there mate.

He has held the ball up better over the last few matches, shown better touch and got into good positions in the box a lot more.

I am never one for going with the crowd, and if I thought he was still rubbish I would say so.

Genuinely think he has improved and thats why the crowd is reacting to him as such. Maybe he wasn't as bad as some were saying originally, but never the less he has still improved his performances over the last few games.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
To be fair he does play WAY better when he's in the middle compared to wider, which he mostly was tonight but hasn't always been the case.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Fair play to you mate. It takes guts to apologise on here sometimes. But Barnsey gives 100% and is improving game on game. He is still only 22, people for get that. Playing with the likes of Vicente, CMS and with Gus in charge, the lad will get better and better.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not sure I take your point entirely there mate.

He has held the ball up better over the last few matches, shown better touch and got into good positions in the box a lot more.

I am never one for going with the crowd, and if I thought he was still rubbish I would say so.

Genuinely think he has improved and thats why the crowd is reacting to him as such. Maybe he wasn't as bad as some were saying originally, but never the less he has still improved his performances over the last few games.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. He has been getting in to these positions all season, it is just that Vicente is finding him now, or players are more confident so giving him options when he holds it up. Perhaps we are all biased in our own ways, I have always rated Barnes so always see the positives in his play, for others the reverse is true.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
We'll have to agree to disagree then. He has been getting in to these positions all season, it is just that Vicente is finding him now, or players are more confident so giving him options when he holds it up. Perhaps we are all biased in our own ways, I have always rated Barnes so always see the positives in his play, for others the reverse is true.

Yeah you are probably quite right. I always try to be impartial but you do tend to favour one type of player or another. I love CMS for example, although his recent performances have been far from good.

Either way a lot more people are behind Barnesy now, and that can only be a good thing.

This is shaping up to be a very exciting end to the season.

Just imagine we could be in the Prem next year.

OH MY GOD!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here