Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm a JCL and I LOVE the ALBION!!!!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Before everyone lambasts me, hear me out...

First season as a season ticket holder, taking my two boys (aged 14 & 15), been to every game so far this season except SSC final (as I was on holiday). I have been an Albion fan since late Seventies, first game I saw Brighton beat Middlesborough 2-1 and Peter Ward scoring both goals. Been to loads since then but nothing regular at Withdean or Gillingham but taken my boys to numerous Withdean games over the years.

Now I am hooked and so are my boys.. I thought I would go to every home game and the odd away game (on my own) but I can't, we are hooked big time. I have just okayed it with the wife, I am going to Cardiff, taking the boys. Pompey was fantastic (actually blloody awesome) and can't wait to go to work tomorrow and seriously hammer my Portsmouth STH colleague.. I need more..

Thats it, I am hooked, (which is the most important thing considering I hold the wallet) my boys are hooked and my kids have hardly taken their shirts off since the Tottenham game. Spoke to my mate who got his 1st season ticket, sitting next to me, about Sunderland game (had to miss Gillingham and Pompey through holiday) and he said that my enthusiasm has got him going as well now. SO, don't have a go at all of us JCL's or JCB's, we ARE BACK and we ARE here to STAY. There is at least another 3 of us that the Albion can rely on :clap::albion2::amex:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Top stuff - the more the merrier I say. But again this adds to my theory that there aren't 12k new fans at the AMEX - more like 3 / 4 k who have never been to watch Albion. Many are coming back and they're welcome IMO. Top stuff.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Fantastic mate, welcome back to the Albion. As Sheebo says "the more the merrier" I hope you and your lads enjoy the season.

Seconded with jam on it. :amex: :amex:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Great commitment but you are not a proper JCL. They are people who have previously had no affinity with the club.

very much so ,

and one last time

WHO GIVES A F**K IF SOMEONE IS A "JCL" you want to come and watch the Albion, welcome aboard - it's been BRILLIANT seeing all the blue and white in the town again , long may it continue and may our fanbase just grow and grow :)

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
All support is very welcome - even those who just buy occasional tickets (it's all extra revenue for the club), and hopefully your kids will keep coming to the games in years to come. PS - I agree being at Pompey and seeing us win capped a great weekend!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Every story has to have a Start - and who really cares when it is :) enjoy the adventure mate

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
very much so ,

and one last time

WHO GIVES A F**K IF SOMEONE IS A "JCL" you want to come and watch the Albion, welcome aboard - it's been BRILLIANT seeing all the blue and white in the town again , long may it continue and may our fanbase just grow and grow :)

Yeah, it is great to a point, but I had an Arsenal season ticket holder from Wadhurst telling me yesterday that he's fed up with them and may start coming to the Amex to watch Brighton. Of course I immediately told him it's sold out all season.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I REALLY can't wait for my next fix! I did moan about the cost for the Sunderland game, as it will be near on £100 plus crap travel but I REALLY couldn't give a crap at the moment.
I even took my disabled uncle to his first ever professional football game against Gillingham (aged 62) yet another supporter into the fold.:clap:

Never understood why anyone coined the phrase JCL/JCB. I went to the albion when I was a kid with my folks when I was about 6, came back when I was 18 (in the Archer era) never looked back and missed less than 10 games home or away since then.

As someone else stated we all have to start somewhere for your sons the time is now and for you...welcome back to the fold. :thumbsup:

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Before everyone lambasts me, hear me out...

First season as a season ticket holder, taking my two boys (aged 14 & 15), been to every game so far this season except SSC final (as I was on holiday). I have been an Albion fan since late Seventies, first game I saw Brighton beat Middlesborough 2-1 and Peter Ward scoring both goals. Been to loads since then but nothing regular at Withdean or Gillingham but taken my boys to numerous Withdean games over the years.

Now I am hooked and so are my boys.. I thought I would go to every home game and the odd away game (on my own) but I can't, we are hooked big time. I have just okayed it with the wife, I am going to Cardiff, taking the boys. Pompey was fantastic (actually blloody awesome) and can't wait to go to work tomorrow and seriously hammer my Portsmouth STH colleague.. I need more..

Thats it, I am hooked, (which is the most important thing considering I hold the wallet) my boys are hooked and my kids have hardly taken their shirts off since the Tottenham game. Spoke to my mate who got his 1st season ticket, sitting next to me, about Sunderland game (had to miss Gillingham and Pompey through holiday) and he said that my enthusiasm has got him going as well now. SO, don't have a go at all of us JCL's or JCB's, we ARE BACK and we ARE here to STAY. There is at least another 3 of us that the Albion can rely on :clap::albion2::amex:

Every club needs new fans and should welcome them and equally those fans who have been put off coming to matches because of the shite stadia (Gillingham and Withdean) or the distance to the stadium (Gillingham) IMO. This JCL handle applied to new fans is a load of cock. According to the little green rectangle below my avatar, I am a JCL despite having been a loyal fan and STH for many years. But I don't care.

Welcome home Birdie Boy, to you and your two boys. Up the Albion!

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
that makes me a JCL as well....

Another pint of bothered please barman....

i put my money in to the club, i have a ST, i buy food and drink, and go to the shop, i haven't missed a game this season, including all the friendlies (in the UK), and was at pompey..

So tell me i am a lesser fan? and even if you do, in the words of the Anti nowhere league "so F***ing what"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here