Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you fall out of the top flight how do you plot your return?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Coventry
Leeds
Southampton
Blackpool
Wolves
Blackburn
Bolton

the list is quite impressive.

What is important, I believe, is the ability to get good crowds that can finance the club and firm a solid fan base.
-Coventry haven;t had 20k since about 2006, in terminal decline in Div 1.No ground no fans and no manager.
-Leeds get good mid 20k crowds
-Southampton get high 20k crowds but are financed by a big daddy who could easily do a runner
-Blackpool, attracted a paltry 13,000 tonight
-Wolves have spent big but have got good money for two players, good fan base. my favourites for promotion
-Blackburn-have spent big and get pathetic crowds. Backed by a no nonsense indian conglomerate, surely terminal decline for a club with little real history and even less fans or decency to a manager who has been up against it for over a year now.
-Bolton-a bit like Blackburn. Team doesn't look very good (Chris Eagles yawn yawn yawn). Low 20s crowds at the moment but not necessarily a team going in the bounce back direction?
-Leicester-Big backing and huge spend, lacklustre manager and a team that just don't look good (on paper). 20K crowds but will they have the set up to maintain premiership football if they get promoted.

All in all I firmly believe that none of the above have a long term sound financial basis.Take away the premiership money (parachute and current) and the finances look very very sick.

You need

crowds
other income
balanced wage structure

We have that, I think?

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here