Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am off beuajolis Tasting now.........

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Is that like a cheap shit versoin of beujoulais?

No, it's a cheap shit version of beaujolais.

Beaujolais Nouveau is a giant con-trick foisted by the French on the gullible British. It's basically a way to get rid of crap wine to people who have more money than taste.

The real beaujolais wines on the other hand (ie Morgon, Fleurie, Brouilly, Julienas etc etc) are absolutely superb. Serve slightly chilled and it's a perfect summer drink.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shit watery red wine......avoid

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Gwylan said:

Beaujolais Nouveau is a giant con-trick foisted by the French on the gullible British. It's basically a way to get rid of crap wine to people who have more money than taste.

I had a perfectly acceptable Nouveau last year. Granted, it wasn't the finest wine in the world but it was perfectly quaffable and contained alcohol. For £2.99 in Somerfield I wasn't going to complain.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Grendel said:
I had a perfectly acceptable Nouveau last year. Granted, it wasn't the finest wine in the world but it was perfectly quaffable and contained alcohol. For £2.99 in Somerfield I wasn't going to complain.

I always plump for Aussie red..can't go wrong really.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Gwylan said:

I was just in my local supermarket looking at the display of B.N. and thinking exactly the same thing - except they foist the same trick on the gullible Dutch as well. Very much the "Emperor's new clothes" of wine. But it's too trendy for anyone to admit how bad it really is.

Beaujolais Villages is shit as well, but I do agree that Fleurie can be nice.

Trufflehound said:
Beaujolais Villages is shit as well, but I do agree that Fleurie can be nice.

Beaujolais Villages is the biggest pile of poo this side of Pommagne.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Brouilly is gorgeous

D

Deleted User X18H

Re: Re: I am off beuajolis Tasting now.........

afters said:
i take it the wine was free and he's still on the piss then....

and btw: regnie is one of the finest mid-priced reds that france produces. delightful stuff:drink:
Your not wrong there mate.................groan:drunk:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
looney said:
Cue dwayne with " I wouldn't pay less than £50 for a bottle of wine.

I used to regularly play the £10 a bottle game at our old Thursday night club years ago - you'd have to find the best bottle of wine for under £10 (and keep the receipt to prove it) - its amazing what good quality unknown stuff is out there very cheap!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here