Hunted, on bbc1- Spooks lite?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
M'eh. Not a big fan of melissa george, not sure I buy her as actiony. The first episode didn't really grab me.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I enjoyed her

drew

Drew
NSC Patron
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was a bit slow but put that down to being the first episode and setting the scene and establishing some of the characters. What I can't accept is when the lead character has her head smashed against a wooden post and there isn't a mark on her. Or, she has been jogging in the highlands and there isn't any sweat on her face! Will persevere for a couple more episodes.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think it'll get better now that we know who everyone is. I wish Melissa would stop pouting though.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I will watch again, but I thought it was pretentious crap.
To liken it to Spooks is an insult.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I will watch again, but I thought it was pretentious crap.
To liken it to Spooks is an insult.
As the same people are behind both series, wasn't it kind of inevitable that Spooks would have been used as a marketing ploy for the new series? I know that if I was responsible for something of that quality I'd be letting everyone know.
Also, if you thought it was pretentious crap, why will you watch it again?
It was a bit silly, the scene where she took out three seasoned hard men was ludicrous, but it was well put together, well acted and fun.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Judging by the first episode alone, it's not going to win any awards but it's not a terrible way to spend an hour. There's a few pretty stupid threads to the plot already, so anyone wanting to take it all seriously will end up disappointed.
I found it very hard to take the lead actor seriously in her role as kick-ass spy. She just seems too soft! Fit though, which is perhaps why my missus was studiously nit-picking throughout. The most exciting moments for me were the (broken) promises of side-boob in the bath.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Garbage, fur coat and no knickers. It's like they spent all their effort on cinematography and forgot about a storyline, dialogue or employing someone that could act.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
*cough* Dark City *cough*

What a perfect pair they are too!

While I sincerely thank you for the heads-up, the down-side is that I now feel like a kid who has just found the stash of his Christmas presents (unwrapped) in OCTOBER. :(

On the bright side, if it's worth watching (i.e. I'll get away with it for reasons other than the boobs) I may well add "Dark City" to the Christmas list...!

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I thought it was ok. Actually I thought it was more similiar to ALIAS than Spooks.

Melissa George is decent enough eye candy, but she certainly has enough teeth in that mouth of hers....which may explain the constant pout.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
As the same people are behind both series, wasn't it kind of inevitable that Spooks would have been used as a marketing ploy for the new series? I know that if I was responsible for something of that quality I'd be letting everyone know.
Also, if you thought it was pretentious crap, why will you watch it again?
It was a bit silly, the scene where she took out three seasoned hard men was ludicrous, but it was well put together, well acted and fun.

I'll watch it again because you never know, it might become believable.

If they are an 'intelligence' group, how come they didn't know the family had a remote cottage in Scotland?
And what was all that touch screen stuff at the meeting? Really!!!
Wouldn't a spy notice that there was a window missing in her adapted flat?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If they are an 'intelligence' group, how come they didn't know the family had a remote cottage in Scotland?

The one with the secret room where you can see in through the window...?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The one with the secret room where you can see in through the window...?

That'll be the one.
She did well to put up that false wall, though. Shes obviously incredibly talented. She had it up in no time.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Alright, maybe it was more than a bit silly. I don't think that there's much chance of it becoming believable, but I think it'll be an enjoyable series. Unlike Spooks, not to be taken seriously.
Re: Spooks, series 2 & 3 are on demand on Virgin at the moment. I hadn't seen series 2 - it's like having a whole new series to watch. Great stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports