Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
:down:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but say that the scum that are Archer and Belotti never turned up would you still want to be playing at the Goldstone?

Could it have been done up? or would you be looking for a new stadium by now anyway, even if it there been far better than Withdean.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Good question, i've thought that a few times. I'd rather be at the Goldstone than the Withdean. The East was a mess, but it could have been repaired. The houses behind the east would always stop any development.

Look whats there now. Thats what really hurts.

Why we're on the subject, please tell me eveyone steers clear of it now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
eastlondonseagull said:
We'd still be there imo. COuld have done it up nicely, if we'd had the cash. And that's the problem.
No chance! We'd have sold if for £25million instead of £7m and built a tidy 30,000 stadium somewhere sensible like Falmer.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Honest opinion - the place looks like a dump. Guess we always knew that at the time, but it was home and all that.

Fact is though, if we'd stayed there most of what's occured over the last five seasons would probably never have happened.

Five seasons of nothingness at a crumbling stadium, or what we've just had at Withdean? Toughy.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I miss the place as much as everyone else but I'm sure we wouldn't be playing there now or would be planning to move on. There was a lot of talk of getting a new ground even back then. You couldn't just have developed the East that easily - didn't the residents have some right that the ground wouldn't go higher than their houses? (this could be bollocks but I think it's true).

Look at just how many new grounds have been built in recent years, many of which have replaced much better grounds than the Goldstone ever was.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Man of Harveys said:
Look at just how many new grounds have been built in recent years, many of which have replaced much better grounds than the Goldstone ever was.
... although pleasingly Selhurst Park is still a complete shithole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here