Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Golf in Spain

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Hi, any advice recommendations would be apprecaited.
After playing golf in Chichester today & it felt like winter again, thought it was time to get some sun.
Looking to book a 3/4 day break with 3 mates to play golf in Spain, possibly in Marbella area in May/June.
Not got millions so wondered if anyone been to any good reasonably priced places before?!?
Cheers in advance :clap2:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Done most of them and my favourites are further up towards Barcelona ... much less touristy so less of the 6 hour rounds a bit cheaper and not as samey.

Fly into Girona and play PGA Catalunya, Pals and Emporda. Not sure about budgets but you won't be disappointed!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Prefer Lisbon and Algarve for golf in Europe personally, however have also been to Costa Del Sol many times for golf breaks and some very good courses.

If you can stretch your budget head further west to play San Roque & Almenara ( both excellent & close to Gibraltar ).Otherwise all the La Cala courses are very good ( and hilly ) and Mijas, Rio Real & Marbella Club aren't too shabby and all within a 20-30 minute drive from Marbella/Puerto Banus.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Yep La Cala. Also Torrequebrada (if you can stand snooty, unwelcoming staff and marshalls!). You wont find cheap anywhere really so I would go for quality. At Mijas on the wall they have a list of club chairmen/presidents/secretaries and I am sure I once saw the name R Pavey on the list and always wondered if it was the legendary Ron???

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
La Cala and Torrequebrada both good.

La Cala is quite a drive up into the hills.

Torrequebrada is right on the edge of Benalmadana.

Marbella way I would also suggest Rio Real, Santana or Santa Maria.

My favourite is Santana followed by Santa Maria.

Last year I played Marbella Club, Los Noranjas and Santa Maria and enjoyed them all.

Another option if you want sun, but slightly cheaper than Costa del Sol is Portugal; either Villamoura (3 great courses) or further up the coast stay in Playa da Rocha or Alvor and play Pennina, Vale de Pinta, Gramacho or Alto.

The Pestana group do some cracking deals as they own hotels and golf courses in the region. When we go in March time you virtually get either the golf or accommodation free. Generally we have paid around 200-250 euros for 4 nights B&B with 3 rounds of golf.

Last edited:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
My Uncle has a golf tournament named after him out there, we play around Barca way, we played a PGA course and it was awful just covered in sand probs the worst course i played, il call me dad and find out what we play about 4 courses

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
La Manga... was pretty good... a bit overpriced...

Three courses...

La Manga Club South Course (Par 73) >>
La Manga Club North Course (Par 71) >>
La Manga Club West Course (Par 72) >>

South and West were the best 2 courses.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
My mate goes to Spain [Marbella] to play golf quite a bit. He says Los Arqueros is good value, kind of difficult and a nice course. Definitely worth a visit, with a nice clubhouse.

La Quinta and Los Naranjos are very nice but very expensive.

El Paraiso and Atalya are middle of the range courses with average prices for Spain and they're worth playing.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Playing Tomorrow, Shorts and tshirts, hope its not too hot

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I played at Costa Esuri Golf at Ayamonte on the Spanish Costa Luz last week. 32 Euros a round plus 16 Euros for a buggy. Ayamonte is just inside Spain and best accessed from Faro. Infinitely better and cheaper than Portugal (which is a dump). Costa Luz is superb; accommodation for a 3 bed villa 600 Euros a week all in.Drink and supermarkets same prices as UK circa 2007.

All in all Huelva Golf courses are underplayed and good value.

I recommend you go there.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here