Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Flight Simulators

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Following a very long day yesterday getting to and from Geordie land, was up early today to have a go on the Lancaster flight simulator at Shoreham. It's a static simulator but is still very good and wondered if anyone else has had a go? Had a training flight including flying under the Severn Bridge and then replicating the dambuster raid, albeit in daylight.

I'm not a qualified pilot by any stretch of the imagination but I've also been lucky enough to have a go on full motion simulators at CAE in Burgess Hill, Cessna Citation and Falcon (with joystick control), and another static one at Coolham, a small two seat Cessna.

Full credit to Blay at Perry Air who overseas the Lancaster flights.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
1729460141128.png

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I did a 747 (propper) sim at CAE in Burgess Hill about 30 years ago.

Another nod to Perry Air who looked after my dad a few years ago when he flew in their Tiger Moth. They showed great interest when they found out he had learned to fly in one with the RAF in the late 1940s.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I have through work had the pleasure of ‘flying‘ Typhoon, Tornado, A320, A330, B777 and B787 sims. I use the term flying very loosely…. As I had an instructor next to me talking me through it.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Following a very long day yesterday getting to and from Geordie land, was up early today to have a go on the Lancaster flight simulator at Shoreham. It's a static simulator but is still very good and wondered if anyone else has had a go? Had a training flight including flying under the Severn Bridge and then replicating the dambuster raid, albeit in daylight.

I'm not a qualified pilot by any stretch of the imagination but I've also been lucky enough to have a go on full motion simulators at CAE in Burgess Hill, Cessna Citation and Falcon (with joystick control), and another static one at Coolham, a small two seat Cessna.

Full credit to Blay at Perry Air who overseas the Lancaster flights.
yes I did that earlier in the year, but only the Severn Bridge part not the raid. Really enjoyed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here